[REQ] Option to "right click" and "open with"

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

allvodi

[REQ] Option to "right click" and "open with"

Post by allvodi »

With audio and video files it's common to have to edit the file to adjust it with an editor. It is common with video apps but not in MediaMonkey. Therefore it becomes a 3 steps process rather than one.
drakinite

Re: [REQ] Option to "right click" and "open with"

Post by drakinite »

I think this is a good idea for an addon. And it shouldn't be complex to implement... However, I'm hard pressed to find how to open that "Open With" dialog from the command line.

MM is able to execute shell commands without a problem, but the problem is that I can't find what command can be used.

Just to be sure I know what you're asking for; are you looking for this type of popup to appear when you click "open with"?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

If MM5 isn't in the Open With menu then it is rather that the user installed Portable version that hasn't been registered into OS ?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I think they're requesting the ability to do "Open With" from within MediaMonkey. Hopefully they can reply and clarify.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.