[REQ] MonkeyFlow 1.4

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

snowleopard

[REQ] MonkeyFlow 1.4

Post by snowleopard »

It would be awesome to have someone update MonkeyFlow for MM5 (again, not a developer or I would try to do it)
drakinite

[REQ] MonkeyFlow 1.4

Post by drakinite »

Already working on it :wink:

Here's a sneak peek: https://drakinite.net/playground/3d-alb ... index.html
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Werewolfhero

Re: [REQ] MonkeyFlow 1.4

Post by Werewolfhero »

Looking awesome from the sneak peak there
Mediamonkey Gold 5.0.0.2338
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Since we're on the topic, and since I'm building it from the ground up, do either of you (or anyone else viewing the thread) have any requests for its behavior and features?

The current plan is to implement it as a view within the MM5 interface (currently there is a Browser view, an Album/Artist grid view, and a List view). The albums will load and filter in the same way as in other views (e.g., if you use a column filter or a custom collection, the list of albums will change accordingly). Hopefully this would allow much greater flexibility and usefulness for the user.

The reason I'm building it from scratch is because Flashk, the creator of MonkeyFlow, got back to me and said he doesn't plan on making a port of MonkeyFlow. So I'm using this as an opportunity to make it in JS, which can run straight inside the MM interface. :slight_smile: It probably won't be named MonkeyFlow, out of respect for Flashk's creation, and to reduce ambiguity. Haven't thought of anything catchier than "3D Album View" - but sometimes descriptive names can be useful.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

I liked it the way i was and it has been so long since I have had it working that I would need to think about it, I am not really sure what features would make it better.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to customize what text is shown.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

fizzjob wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:52 pm I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to customize what text is shown.
Could you elaborate what you mean? i.e., in what context is there text that you'd like to be able to customize?
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

drakinite wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:35 pm Could you elaborate what you mean? i.e., in what context is there text that you'd like to be able to customize?
MonkeyFlow could also (optionally) show the name of the artist and album:

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I see. What options for the text would you be looking for?
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

is this available now? looks great, I would want to try that out right away.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

The screenshot that fizzjob sent was from MonkeyFlow 1.4, which only works on MM4; unfortunately, the new one is still in development and I haven't integrated it with MediaMonkey yet.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

drakinite wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:44 pm The screenshot that fizzjob sent was from MonkeyFlow 1.4, which only works on MM4;
Ah, sorry, then I misunderstood that. I thought the MMW5 version was already in the works.
No problem!
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Hey guys! I've finally got a working version - It's still a bit unstable sometimes, and there are no configurable options yet, but it's finally at the point where it's at least ready for testing. I'd greatly appreciate your feedback - be it suggestions for tweaks/options, requests, or a good ole bug report (as I fully expect to run into some issues). Here's the first alpha version: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqLB1F10yXAzpDdrj1g
* Here's the second alpha version: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqLB7prxP0HBUww0ZTQ

After installing it, in the Media Tree, go to the Albums node. Then, you can select the 3D Album View from the Views dropdown at the top-right.

To navigate between albums, you can do any of the following:
- click one of the albums on the left or right
- click and drag the "seek" bar on the bottom
- click the gray squares on the left or right of the seek bar (will eventually have arrows)
- Navigate with the left and right arrow keys

To play one of the albums, double click OR right click to get the full tracklist menu for the album! (just like in a list view or album grid view :wink:)

IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Great work.

Initial test went something like this:
    • MMIP file downloaded from link provided.
      Ran MMW5 2419 Normal Debug with DbgView.
      Allow startup scan to complete and DbgView to go nearly “dormant”.
      Save DbgView log as 3DAlbumViewPreInstall.log
      https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... A?e=dsulcz
      Exit DbgView and restart.
      Tools / Options / Addons / Add shows initial pop-up with Install / Cancel. Click Install and confirmation message box shown in a few seconds. Click OK.
      Select the new addon and press Find Updates – No update available.
      Close Addons screen and Restart message box shown. Click Yes and MMW5 (Normal Debug) restarts.
      Save DbgView log as 3DAlbumViewInstallRestart
      https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... A?e=dsulcz
      Exit DbgView and Restart
      Click around as per forum posting.
      Save DbgView log as 3DAlbumViewClickAround
      https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... g?e=ZOAwMu
I would like to see the AlbumName and ArtistName text in the lower part of the screen as "hot" as in the Playing node.

Also, would it be possible to include the AlbumYear in brackets after the AlbumName

With over 1000 albums, jumping from say A to S takes a while to refresh and show the album art. No hour glass or "wheel" rotating is shown during this wait. Perhaps this can be added?

I tested with Entire Library / Music and my 21st Century and Added in 2021 "Collections".

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... g?e=bRPPCC

Will it be possible to have a short cut assigned to the view e.g. Ctrl + Alt + 3 ?

It would also be nice if the main screen responded to the mouse wheel to scroll fwd & bckwd thru the albums AND / OR if pressing a letter on the keyboard "warped" to the first album starting with that letter!

Based on the good install and behavior, also installed for my 2419 Normal installation (i.e. not DeBug). All good so far.

Really nice to see a new addon for MMW5.
Ian Taylor
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

drakinite wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:16 pm After installing it, in the Media Tree, go to the Albums node. Then, you can select the 3D Album View from the Views dropdown at the top-right.
Just a quick look, not really tested right now: Looks great !!!
Any chance, that we get this available in the "now playing"-View? Or even in playlists?
Would be awesome!

Well, then we still need something similar in MMA, but ... but i would be content to ask that another day ... ;-)