[REQ] MonkeyFlow 1.4

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

drakinite

Re: [REQ] MonkeyFlow 1.4

Post by drakinite »

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm also relieved that it worked the first time for both of you. Some others tested it and it immediately crashed on their computers, and I'm still not sure what caused it. BTW, I fixed keyboard navigation and added extra debug messages in the next alpha version. I updated the above post with a link to it.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Drakinite, thanks for the update.

So the keyboard L / R "arrows" now do two things back/forward and album and back/forward 5secs of playing current track i.e. when the cursor hovers in the central area.

When the cursor is outside this area, the action is restricted to that area e.g. playing/nodes/lyrics.

Not rerun with DbgView but can do if this is helpful.
Ian Taylor
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Hi Drakinite,
used the view to play music all the day, some more feedback:
  • in Design "Material Design" you can't read Album & Interpret, because it's black text on (mostly) dark background. Maybe you could move these text lines under the scrollbar, set them in white text, and the background at height of these two lines area to full black? Just an idea, i dont know how that affects other designs.
  • Got 2 or 3 times a random error popup, but i couldn't link them to a special album or action, if i "continue" with MMW, it runs fine again, even if i toggle around the "faulty" album again.
  • we absolutely need this view (I mean: we really really really need it!), possibly even without the navigation functions, on the level of the playlists, but at least on "play now". that view is soooo sexy, but from user point of view (maybe just for me) I rarely scroll through the list of my albums in order to play them, but start much more often from the artist or playlist view.
Last edited by Andre_H on Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:52 pm Hi Drakinite, thanks for the update.

So the keyboard L / R "arrows" now do two things back/forward and album and back/forward 5secs of playing current track i.e. when the cursor hovers in the central area.

When the cursor is outside this area, the action is restricted to that area e.g. playing/nodes/lyrics.

Not rerun with DbgView but can do if this is helpful.
Ah, right, I believe that's because the hotkeys for seeking playback have been changed recently from left/right to ctrl+left/ctrl+right. Not sure if that's a change already made for 5.0.1, or if it'll come with 5.0.2. You should be able to change it in tools>options>hotkeys.
Andre_H wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:24 am Hi Drakinite,
used the view to play music all the day, some more feedback:
  • in Design "Material Design" you can't read Album & Interpret, because it's black text on (mostly) dark background. Maybe you could move these text lines under the scrollbar, set them in white text, and the background at height of these two lines area to full black? Just an idea, i dont know how that affects other designs.
  • Got 2 or 3 times a random error popup, but i couldn't link them to a special album or action, if i "continue" with MMW, it runs fine again, even if i toggle around the "faulty" album again.
  • we absolutely need this view (I really really really need it!), possibly even without the navigation functions, on the level of the playlists, but at least on "play now". that view is soooo sexy, but from user point of view (maybe just for me) I rarely scroll through the list of my albums in order to play them, but start much more often from the artist or playlist view.
Thanks for the pleasant feedback, Andre (and Ian as well)!
1) Right, I forgot to code the font color for that text, so at the moment it's skin dependent. Will fix that.
2) By any chance, were the errors all saying "cannot access property 'visible' of undefined"? Those are the errors Lowlander and Peke experienced on their computers. Does it happen immediately when you switch views to the 3D album view, or does it even happen while you're using it? I'm still quite unsure of how that error comes to be.
3) Good point :blush: I'll try and add it to other nodes, as well. Should also prove helpful at finding more of the issues that are present in the addon.

Gotta be honest, making this custom view is proving quite helpful in learning how to make more advanced addons (compared to just simple behavior tweaks, scripts and what not). Gonna have a lot of writing to do on the wiki after I'm done, to help others through the learning process too :wink:

I have a small request for both of you: Could you keep an eye on MediaMonkey's RAM usage while using the addon? I'm fairly sure I've done everything needed to clear up RAM when needed, but there's still a distinct possibility that I've missed some assets, leading to memory leaks over time.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

drakinite wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:01 pm I have a small request for both of you: Could you keep an eye on MediaMonkey's RAM usage while using the addon? I'm fairly sure I've done everything needed to clear up RAM when needed, but there's still a distinct possibility that I've missed some assets, leading to memory leaks over time.
Of course. As soon as the view works in the playlists, I let my task manager run permanently while playing. :D :D :D
Little joke! I like to watch it and report any abnormalities here.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

drakinite wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:01 pm
I have a small request for both of you: Could you keep an eye on MediaMonkey's RAM usage while using the addon? I'm fairly sure I've done everything needed to clear up RAM when needed, but there's still a distinct possibility that I've missed some assets, leading to memory leaks over time.
Hope to get a chance to look at this over the weekend. No problem.
Ian Taylor
IanRTaylorUK

2420 Froze on Viewing Albums of a User Collection

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Running MMW5 2420 Debug:

Error Below

Code: Select all

[3528] MM5 [5540](R) Callstack: Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: window.myAlert ; Row: 284 ; Col: 17 
[3528] Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: loadClass ; Row: 1797 ; Col: 13 
[3528] Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: window.initializeControl ; Row: 1808 ; Col: 17 
[3528] Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: window.forEach ; Row: 1018 ; Col: 9 
[3528] Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: window.initializeControls ; Row: 1831 ; Col: 5 
[3528] Script: file:///controls/control.js ; Func: Control.addControl ; Row: 975 ; Col: 5 
[3528] Script: file:///controls/multiview.js ; Func: _addControl ; Row: 723 ; Col: 51 
[3528] Script: file:///controls/multiview.js ; Func: _createViewControls ; Row: 937 ; Col: 37 
[3528] Script: file:///controls/multiview.js ; Func: _showView ; Row: 578 ; Col: 14 
[3528] Script: file:///controls/multiview.js ; Func: showView ; Row: 518 ; Col: 18 
[3528] MM5 [5540](R) buildPathFromUrl from file:///mminit.js to mminit.js
[3528] MM5 [5540](R) TFilesHandlerFile.getFileContent - opening file "c:\program files (x86)\mediamonkey 5 debug\mminit.js", took: 0
[3528] MM5 [5540](R) buildPathFromUrl from file:///mminit_add.js to mminit_add.js
[3528] MM5 [5540](R) Retrieving file file:///mminit.js, took: 0
[3528] MM5 [5540](R) Callstack: Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: window.myAlert ; Row: 284 ; Col: 17 
[3528] Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: window.alertException ; Row: 294 ; Col: 9 
[3528] Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: window.onerror ; Row: 264 ; Col: 13 
[3528] MM5 [5540](R) Disabling antifreeze detection
[3528] MM5 [5540](R) Exception!! - Uncaught Error: ""Cannot set property 'visible' of undefined
Screenshot:
https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... Q?e=uNGagl

I think an error log was sent.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: 2420 Froze on Viewing Albums of a User Collection

Post by Lowlander »

It looks like you're using the 3D Album View Addon that's causing this: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=98999
IanRTaylorUK

Re: 2420 Froze on Viewing Albums of a User Collection

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Lowlander, yes I do have 3D Album View installed.

Thanks for prompt reply.
Ian Taylor
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:06 am
drakinite wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:01 pm
Hope to get a chance to look at this over the weekend. No problem.
Total RAM used between 14% and 17% - normally 16%, no different to other view of Albums.

However, can sometimes lock up (see previous erro display / log).
Ian Taylor
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Alright! Got a big update for ya.

Version 0.0.6: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqNQ3y77r7dDSvpIoIA

Changes since 0.0.4:
  1. I added an error counter on the top-left that should catch that pesky "cannot access property 'visible' of undefined" error that some people are getting, as well as other errors that occur during the animate process. I'm especially curious if the error occurs only once, or a few times, or every frame. If you click the error counter, it'll copy the list of caught errors to the clipboard, which may help me diagnose the problem.
  2. Added album date, as well as hotlinks, and built a mini-framework to allow them to be customized in the future
  3. Added arrows and improved the colors of the seek bar
  4. Added rudimentary "power scroll" functionality (press a key to scroll to the first album starting with that key.) In the future, I'll make it work with the built-in "search current view" feature (as you can see, the search bar still appears when you type, but it does nothing.)
  5. Enabled customization of the default background color, which can be controlled by skins. There's no settings menu yet, so here's how to set it yourself:
    1. Navigate to your install folder (default is C:/Program Files (x86)/MediaMonkey 5
    2. Navigate to Scripts/3D Album View Test/skin and open skin_base_add.less with a text editor
    3. At the bottom, you'll see a section that contains "background-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);". Change the RGB values (they vary from 0 to 255) and then restart MediaMonkey.
  6. Fixed text color on light skins
  7. Tweaked thumbnail loading such that the "carousel speed" threshold to skip loading a thumbnail is lower
  8. Fixed a few glitches when switching nodes
- - -
Unfortunately, adding this view to Playlist node types will be non-trivial, as the Playlist node doesn't have a built-in way of getting an album list. I'll see what I can do, however.
- - -
Regarding number 7:
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:30 am With over 1000 albums, jumping from say A to S takes a while to refresh and show the album art. No hour glass or "wheel" rotating is shown during this wait. Perhaps this can be added?

I tested with Entire Library / Music and my 21st Century and Added in 2021 "Collections".
Ian, if you are still seeing it take a while for thumbnails to appear when you make a big jump, could you record your screen while it happens and share the video with me? I believe the biggest time consumption is having MediaMonkey generate thumbnails; so to reproduce it repeatedly, delete the contents of %tmp%/Thumbs or Portable/Temp/Thumbs. The 3D flow view should only be loading thumnbnails when it's moving slowly, so jumping from left to right shouldn't cause them to load.
dypsis

Re: 3D Album View v0.0.6

Post by dypsis »

Hi Drakinite.

I'm testing 3D Album View v0.0.6 now.

As per your instructions on the previous page, you state this:
To play one of the albums, double click OR right click to get the full tracklist menu for the album.
When I right click, I cannot see the full tracklist menu. It would be nice to be able to see the tracks of the album in case you only want to select a particular track.

Also, if I scroll too fast, I get this error. You may be already aware of it.
It eventually displays correctly. It's just a bit slow at times.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

drakinite wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:15 pm Alright! Got a big update for ya.

Version 0.0.6: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqNQ3y77r7dDSvpIoIA

Changes since 0.0.4:
  1. I added an error counter on the top-left that should catch that pesky "cannot access property 'visible' of undefined" error that some people are getting, as well as other errors that occur during the animate process. I'm especially curious if the error occurs only once, or a few times, or every frame. If you click the error counter, it'll copy the list of caught errors to the clipboard, which may help me diagnose the problem.
  2. Added album date, as well as hotlinks, and built a mini-framework to allow them to be customized in the future
  3. Added arrows and improved the colors of the seek bar
  4. Added rudimentary "power scroll" functionality (press a key to scroll to the first album starting with that key.) In the future, I'll make it work with the built-in "search current view" feature (as you can see, the search bar still appears when you type, but it does nothing.)
  5. Enabled customization of the default background color, which can be controlled by skins. There's no settings menu yet, so here's how to set it yourself:
    1. Navigate to your install folder (default is C:/Program Files (x86)/MediaMonkey 5
    2. Navigate to Scripts/3D Album View Test/skin and open skin_base_add.less with a text editor
    3. At the bottom, you'll see a section that contains "background-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);". Change the RGB values (they vary from 0 to 255) and then restart MediaMonkey.
  6. Fixed text color on light skins
  7. Tweaked thumbnail loading such that the "carousel speed" threshold to skip loading a thumbnail is lower
  8. Fixed a few glitches when switching nodes
- - -
Unfortunately, adding this view to Playlist node types will be non-trivial, as the Playlist node doesn't have a built-in way of getting an album list. I'll see what I can do, however.
- - -
Regarding number 7:
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:30 am With over 1000 albums, jumping from say A to S takes a while to refresh and show the album art. No hour glass or "wheel" rotating is shown during this wait. Perhaps this can be added?

I tested with Entire Library / Music and my 21st Century and Added in 2021 "Collections".
Ian, if you are still seeing it take a while for thumbnails to appear when you make a big jump, could you record your screen while it happens and share the video with me? I believe the biggest time consumption is having MediaMonkey generate thumbnails; so to reproduce it repeatedly, delete the contents of %tmp%/Thumbs or Portable/Temp/Thumbs. The 3D flow view should only be loading thumnbnails when it's moving slowly, so jumping from left to right shouldn't cause them to load.
Hi Drakinite, many thanks for the update. Great progress. Doing a bit of tidying in MMW4 over the weekend so will get to test next week. MMW4 is my "master" library, after my weekend update I "clone" this master copy of all the MP3 files from my OneDrive backed up D: drive to the slower E: drive used exclusively for MMW5 testing. I think you can appreciate that I need to bottom out on the work on the Master copy before testing the Clone!

I have also completely a complete uninstall of MMW5 and re-installed fresh / clean a couple of days ago. I like to do this now and again as it is a good way to pick up everything done in MMW4 - Playlists, My Collections, Device Sync Settings, Web Links. So this should be a "good" test!
Ian Taylor
drakinite

Re: 3D Album View v0.0.6

Post by drakinite »

dypsis wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:46 am As per your instructions on the previous page, you state this:
To play one of the albums, double click OR right click to get the full tracklist menu for the album.
When I right click, I cannot see the full tracklist menu. It would be nice to be able to see the tracks of the album in case you only want to select a particular track.
This is what I meant by a tracklist menu:

Maybe I can make the double-click configurable, such that instead of having the album Play Now, you could have it open the album in a new screen (like in the Album Grid views).
dypsis wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:46 am Also, if I scroll too fast, I get this error. You may be already aware of it.
It eventually displays correctly. It's just a bit slow at times.
That's not an error; it was designed such that albums will not load until the carousel has slowed down. If it didn't do that, then jumping from left to right would force every album thumbnail to load, leading to a huge slowdown.
The poop emoji is temporary; I'll have to create a proper "no album art found" image at some point soon.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Thanks again to all of you for testing and giving me feedback. I've opened a new thread dedicated to the addon, where I can keep the main post updated with the most up-to-date info. Please continue this conversation there: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=99528

Thanks!