Winamp DSP pluggin (Stereotool)

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

tjl5709

Winamp DSP pluggin (Stereotool)

Post by tjl5709 »

I use a pluggin called Stereotool. Its a winamp DSP pluggin that runs fine on MM4. I can install it on MM5, but it is buggy. It will not stay displayed to configure it. It seems to run once I get it loaded and stop/start it. Is this something MM5 is no longer going to support?
croozin

Re: Winamp DSP pluggin (Stereotool)

Post by croozin »

Since all DSP plugins were removed from MM5, you're SOL. I'm in that same boat: Stereotool is not just important to me, it's mandatory. 1/3 of MM's functionality for me was Stereotool.

MM also used to have such nice scripting, I understand Microshaft is ending support for VBScript. the other 2/3rd of MM's usefulness for me was in managing large libraries, which was absolutely, unequivocally 10000000% must-have.

Without either one of those things (the native library management in MM5 is severely lacking, look around devs-- I've read enough comments for one day; and no Stereotool) makes it so that MM 5 does NOT stand out in the crowd against all the other media players out there. The highly robust database of plugins, scripts, etc were what made MM in the first place.

Figure it out!!!!

This all means that I can't take advantage of my shiny new lifetime license. Which means I'm quite ticked off. MM4 was that good- so if any of that team still remains, there is at least SOME hope.
croozin

Post by croozin »

Oh for what it's worth, there IS a way to get the stereotool standalone to work. You need to download a virtual connector- I'm using VAC https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/purchase.htm but this one can work too https://vb-audio.com/Cable/

follow the instructions. You'll need to do some setup in Stereotool under config; wire stereotool tot the VAC, and output to your desired output. It's finnicky so try shuffling the input and output a few times, it'll work eventually. Better than nothing. Note that there is some lag inserted, and the whole VAC business reeeeaaaally screws with some VOIP and other calling platforms (8x8, zoom, and teams all have some serious problems with it for examples of "other") so you're best off not using it for that, meaning you'll have to switch input/outputs back if you do that in windows. If you don't know what I'm talking about it probably won't matter.
tjl5709

Post by tjl5709 »

I tried the virtual audio cable (VAC) route.

I got it to work using the windows sound mixer options (MME) but could not get wasapi exclusive to function properly.

Since I do not want windows touching the signal and (upsample/downsample)ing the signal, I'll just stay with MM4 our musicbee.....
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

croozin wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:00 pm This all means that I can't take advantage of my shiny new lifetime license. Which means I'm quite ticked off. MM4 was that good- so if any of that team still remains, there is at least SOME hope.
I believe that everyone on the MM4 team is still working on MM5. :slight_smile: I'm the only person who's new.
MM5 isn't done just yet, and support will continue to improve as time goes on. Improving DSP plugin support is planned & tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17289 Also, we're doing our best to bring back a good subset of plugins & scripts to MM5, but it will take time.
I appreciate your patience and I hope you'll revisit MM5 when we have fixed the aforementioned Stereotool/DSP plugin issues.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

Im bumping this because I loved Sterotools on Winamp :evil:

We need support for it in MM5
MMNOnZENet

Post by MMNOnZENet »

snowleopard wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:36 pm Im bumping this because I loved Sterotools on Winamp :evil:

We need support for it in MM5
+1 +1 +1 ....
tjl5709

Post by tjl5709 »

drakinite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:27 am
croozin wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:00 pm This all means that I can't take advantage of my shiny new lifetime license. Which means I'm quite ticked off. MM4 was that good- so if any of that team still remains, there is at least SOME hope.
I believe that everyone on the MM4 team is still working on MM5. :slight_smile: I'm the only person who's new.
MM5 isn't done just yet, and support will continue to improve as time goes on. Improving DSP plugin support is planned & tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17289 Also, we're doing our best to bring back a good subset of plugins & scripts to MM5, but it will take time.
I appreciate your patience and I hope you'll revisit MM5 when we have fixed the aforementioned Stereotool/DSP plugin issues.
Any updates on this?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I'm sorry, but we've got no updates at the moment for this. It's on the docket, but there's still a lot more that are currently higher priority, such as bugfixes and a Mac OS version.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
tjl5709 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:27 pm Any updates on this?
Unfortunately no, main problem with bunch of DSP plugins is that they can't correctly hook to MM UI and complete emulation of Winamp Window structure needs to be written.
Unfortunately, Winamp DSP support is again pushed for future versions of MM for windows.

Personally I would rather see StereoTool support get back thru VST support rather than rewriting Winamp DSP support which limits usage to Windows only. Especially as MAC version of MM is soon around corner.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tjl5709

Post by tjl5709 »

Any options around this now?

MM4 is getting kinda long in the tooth........
Peke

Post by Peke »

tjl5709 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:36 pm Any options around this now?

MM4 is getting kinda long in the tooth........
No, unfortunately as of MM5 DSP, VIS and GEN Winamp plugins are not supported.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts