[REQ] adjust time between tracks [#16938]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

astro46

[REQ] adjust time between tracks [#16938]

Post by astro46 »

How can set a few seconds between tracks? so that playing doesn't go immediately from one track to another; similar to a vinyl or cd recording.

i found instructions for mm4, but can't find those settings on mm5
lhojn

NEEDED: Add silence between tracks (in v.4.xx: SilenceBetweenSongs31.mmip)

Post by lhojn »

Many people use MediaMonkey for Tango-DJ-ing (me too). This requires standardization of the recording interval.
In MM v.4.xx we use SilenceBetweenSongs31.mmip (in combination with "Remove silence at the beginning/end of track).

SilenceBetweenSongs31.mmip is not compatible with MM v.5.xx.

Is there any other way to add silence between track?
Or is there anybody who can update the mmip (above)?

Regards
Last edited by lhojn on Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peke

Re: NEEDED: Add silence between tracks (in v.4.xx: SilenceBetweenSongs31.mmip)

Post by Peke »

Hi,
For the moment there is no alternative plugin in MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Re: adjust time between tracks

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As I replied to topic viewtopic.php?f=32&t=99724 there is no alternative ATM in MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
astro46

Re: [REQ] adjust time between tracks

Post by astro46 »

Peke, I rec'd email notification about replies to my post. Clicking on link returned a 'page not found'. Apparently because it was moved to the mmw5 addons forum?
1. perhaps links could be made to follow a post if it has been moved after the notification went out?

2. should I repost in the request forum, so perhaps, this feature can be added to a future version? In my original post, I assumed that it was already there since it seems like normal behavior. And, apparently existed in mm4.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In MediaMonkey 4 it only was available through an Addon, there was no native method to add silence between tracks.

In both MediaMonkey 4 & 5 you can disable silence removal and crossfading, but neither can add silence natively: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ing_Output
Peke

Post by Peke »

astro46 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:17 pm Peke, I rec'd email notification about replies to my post. Clicking on link returned a 'page not found'. Apparently because it was moved to the mmw5 addons forum?
1. perhaps links could be made to follow a post if it has been moved after the notification went out?

2. should I repost in the request forum, so perhaps, this feature can be added to a future version? In my original post, I assumed that it was already there since it seems like normal behavior. And, apparently existed in mm4.
1. Can you PM me full links for me to check?

2. Maybe as Lowlander said as a script, for no there is no plans to add it natively.
Best regards,
Peke
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Adding gap between tracks is tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16938
lhojn

Post by lhojn »

(Normalize time between tracks):
2. Maybe as Lowlander said as a script, for no there is no plans to add it natively.
Why? If there exist an option to remove silence between tracks, another option to add a certain number of seconds to standarize the gap between played recordings is
1) as natural as ... each vinyl or CD in the world,
2) as simple to implement as a couple of code lines,
3) so indispensable in some MM applications that the lack of this option makes MM5 simply useless there.
Last edited by lhojn on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

lhojn wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:46 am Why? If there exist an option to remove silence between tracks, another option to add a certain number of seconds to standarize the gap between played recordings is
1) as natural as ... each vinyl or CD in the world,
2) as simple to implement as a couple of code lines,
3) so indispensable in some MM applications that the lack of this option makes MM5 simply useless there.
As pointed in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16938 (ironically by me also) it is useful, but different users different needs. Me for example try to find the way so that there is no gap and that two now playing tracks flow as seamlessly into each other as much as possible. I guess my DJ side kicks in ;) It is on our To-Do for 5.0.2 version cycle (already started).
Best regards,
Peke
lhojn

Re: [REQ] adjust time between tracks [#16938]

Post by lhojn »

I cannot comment/answer to Rusty's Q at ventismedia (.com/mantis/view.php?id=16938)

Question was:
Why would we need a new configuration setting to 'Add gap'? Isn't unchecking 'Remove silence' sufficient?
Or is it because you want to have a Gap of x MS consistently between tracks (no matter how much silence exists at the beginning/end) ?

My answer is:
We need removing existing silence at the start/end of all tracks (diverse) and replace it with a fixed-time gap.

Different tracks have different begin/end silence time. The "remove silence" function is great but it reduces silence to zero, which is not acceptable in some
Eg. each Tango-DJ in the world has to provide a fixed interval between tracks (3-5 s). That's why I had to add warning "Do not buy MM5" to my Tango Guide for DJ's. :-(
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for feedback, added it to the Mantis issue.
lhojn

Post by lhojn »

Sad: in v.5.02 still no trace of as simple modification as the possibility of setting a negative crossfading time (= adding standarized gaps between tracks).
It seems that a community of non-disco DJ-s (including me) will have to invest time, efforts and money to leave MM and to switch to another software (many of the DJ-packets has this function including e.g. free Mixxx) instead waiting for fully functional MM v.5.
Let me remind that adding gaps was possible in MM v.4 only thanks to unofficial SilenceBetweenSongs31.mmip (but now unusable in v.5).
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI:
Michal is already working on it last days.

The gap as an option will be in 5.0.3 (tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16938 )
lhojn

Post by lhojn »

Thanks, it is realy important info for the T-DJ's community.