no cd burn function [#17807]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

harts1spitfire

no cd burn function [#17807]

Post by harts1spitfire »

I found out after purchase MediaMonkey5 does NOT support burning CDs anymore. I was told by a friend it did but he has older version, which use to support CD burning.

I have no other requirement for this software and would like a refund or a copy of older MediaMonkey that has burn capability.
Lowlander

Re: no cd burn function

Post by Lowlander »

Your MediaMonkey 5 License also works with MediaMonkey 4, which does feature Burning CD capability.

If you do want a refund please contact Support: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support

Tracked at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17807
harts1spitfire

Post by harts1spitfire »

Where do I go to download MEdiaMonkey4?

Thanks for the reply
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/ and you can use MediaMonkey 4 and 5 side by side
harts1spitfire

Post by harts1spitfire »

Thank you for the post…this is what I needed and works perfectly for my needs.

John
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

I also wanted to start burning a CD. Is that really possible that MM5 no longer supports burning a CD?
I don't believe it... :o
drakinite

Re: no cd burn function [#17807]

Post by drakinite »

For the time being, yes. We did not expect CD burning to be missed as much as it is, considering the way CDs have been falling out of fashion. But as Lowlander said it is now planned, at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17807
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
a_daley

Post by a_daley »

Are you going to implement Audio CD writing or keep putting it off to every user? About time someone spoke the truth for a change instead of simply putting customers off with sometime in the future!!! This has been spoken about in the beta versions yet NOTHING has been said.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

We're not 'putting it off'--it's a question of prioritization and weighing what MediaMonkey users want. Based on feedback, we felt that our efforts were better spent for 5.0.1/5.0.2 on improvements to MM5 so we scheduled burning for MM 5.1 (you can see this at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17807 ).

We review product planning decisions at the beginning of every product development cycle, though. So if the demand is there (which it appears to be), we may move it up to 5.0.3 (or alternatively, facilitate integration with other third-party burning tools). Planning for 5.0.3 will take place in January.

Happy Holidays!

-Rusty
bennettduanek

Post by bennettduanek »

New to MediaMonkey as I had to find an alternative music mgmt application after moving from a Windows 7 machine to Windows 11.
My previous application of choice, Acoustica MP3 CD Burner spoiled me for many years w/ the single interface for music mgmt, playlists, WAV and MP3 CD burning, etc.,. Much to my dismay, and understandably due to advances in tech and how people use it, the company stop support for the product at Windows 7.
I've tried several apps. MediaMonkey is the closest to emulating what I like w/ my music mgmt. Lots of very nice extras such as advanced tag editing, playlist track leveling, etc.,. Very happy with the purchase so far.
Found this thread regarding CD burning. While noted there is a small subset of users who will use the feature, I for one, would truly appreciate having the feature available.
I'm a hybrid of sorts. Young enough to embrace, understand and utilize current technologies with my younger colleagues but old enough that I remember having and using 8-Track, cassette and reel-to-reel players when they were the cool things to have.
Thus, would be very happy to see CD burning added back into the mix w/ the next release!

Sincerely,

Duane Bennett
Woof

Post by Woof »

Still waiting for this function to be restored. It's a real pain not having it as I have plenty of friends I want to send a mix-CD to that don't have the IT knowledge to handle uploads/downloads.

When WHen WHEN will this important function be restored ??!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's already available in MediaMonkey 5.0.4.