Server Keeps Enabling Itself

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

producer_ben

Server Keeps Enabling Itself

Post by producer_ben »

Hi All,
Sorry if this is a repeat post.

I'm running MM 5.0.1.2433 Portable on Windows 10 Pro.

In general, I really love this software, but I have a really annoying issue with it that I'm hoping can be solved easily.

I use MM, basically as a control point only. I love the library and playlist features, plus being able to send anything on my NAS to any UPnP/DLNA device.

As I already have a Synology DS718+ NAS with Media Server package running, I don't require MM to be a server for any clients. So I got into "options", go down to "Media Sharing" and there I can see the MM Monkey server instance. So I delete it.

I happily use MM, then I close when it's not in use, then when I fire it up again, the MM Server is active AGAIN and I have to go through the same provess every time.

1st world problems I know, but I've looked through all the settings and disable ANYTHNG to do with "sharing" media and transcoding as all I just use it for is a contol point on my Windows computer. MY Synology takes care of everything else.

Can someone please help. It's driving me (and other server users) up the wall.

Thanks in advance
Lowlander

Re: Server Keeps Enabling Itself

Post by Lowlander »

Just uncheck the Enable checkbox if you want to disable the server in MediaMonkey.
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:16 am Just uncheck the Enable checkbox if you want to disable the server in MediaMonkey.
Hi there,

Don't think I haven't tried this. I disable it with the check box and delete the server even. Then next time I load it up, the darn server is running. It has even created multiple instances due to me disabling the server and restarting MM5 in a short space of time.

If there's any logs I can provide to help diagnostics, please let me know how to generate them and where to upload them to and I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Like I say this is the only problem I've had. I love Media Monkey, but this little glitch is utting a toupe on my christmas list :lol:
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

I have made a quick screen capture that shows what happens.

I start by an initial launch, disable the server, then exit and you'll hopefully see on the next launch it is back up and running again. I do this a few times to show it's not just a "One Off". hopefully this helps explain further

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Let me know if you have problems accesing the file
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As indicated, please just disable it, don't remove it. It should stay disabled even after restart.
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

Hi Lowlander,
I can make another video if you wish, but if i disable it I then get a second server on startup. The previously disabled one plus a new one :lol:

this is why it's driving me nuts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce this on MediaMonkey 5.0.2.2524. Disabling the server will have it disabled after restart and no new server added.

Can you please try with this test build: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

Hi again Lowlander,

Thanks for this great reply. I should add I'm using the prtable version (incase that helps you trying to locate a possible glitch).

Can I ask, is 5.0.2.2524 RC-2 a portable install? Sorry to be a reall butt ache but I prefer the portable installs.

All the best,

Ben
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

it can be ... it is an install option on all installs
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

Lander, you genius! thank you.

I'll report back after a test :)
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

Ok, Some interesting results.

The initial disable, resulted in the same situation of the server starting again after disabling then relauching.

In case it was a one off, I disabled it again and restarted MM. It seemed to work. I tried a relaunch again, and happy days, it was still disabled. I tried a third time for good luck and I got the following error appear which I thought I'd flag up :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rwLsva ... sp=sharing

I think (I'm not coder btw), MM isn't terminating properly before it restarts and it's trying to run 2 instances maybe.

Unfortunately this creates a never ending loop for the users as you try and close and you get a further alert and again asks you to continue. Meanwhile the other instance is starting, throwing up the same boxes and the other instances starts the same error again, and yeah, I think you can guess how the story goes haha.

I can close both instances from task mgr, but it's something to keep an wye out for ( I realise this is beta).

For your ref I'm running windows 10 Pro on Intel i5 with 32gb Ram.
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

Just noticed too, the pop up display does not show :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have Allow just one instance of MediaMonkey enabled or disabled under Tools > Options > General.
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

Hi Lander,

I have checked again and that option is checked
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

If you are able to replicate the "Windows is not loaded yet" error then please download the Debug build which should auto-generate crash log to submit and submit the crash + write the log ID here (see item 4a here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 )

Thanks!