A few bugs

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

mgzvg887

A few bugs [#16370 ]

Post by mgzvg887 »

Hi. I like the new design - very slick - however I've had a few teething issues.

1) In the 'playing' view, it doesn't seem possible to highlight certain songs and be able to see the total combined length of only those songs highlighted. In previous builds, all of this information would be displayed in the bottom left. Sure, I can see the total combined length of everything in the right panel; but it only shows me how many songs have been selected, and not the total length of them.

2) I've disabled the visualizer but as soon as I ctrl+t out of Media Monkey and then ctrl+t back into it again, the bloody thing is there again! This is a very pointless feature as it doesn't really display any important information about the song playing, and it's spectrum analysis is, shall I say, very inaccurate.
Last edited by mgzvg887 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: A few bugs

Post by Lowlander »

1) That's correct, the Statusbar has been omitted from the Playing node.

2) Not sure what Ctrl+T does on your system, but make sure it isn't assigned an action under Tools > Options > Hotkeys. There is a View: Visualization Hotkey that can be set.
mgzvg887

Post by mgzvg887 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:30 am 1) That's correct, the Statusbar has been omitted from the Playing node.

2) Not sure what Ctrl+T does on your system, but make sure it isn't assigned an action under Tools > Options > Hotkeys. There is a View: Visualization Hotkey that can be set.
View: Visualization isn't set (and doesn't appear) in my hotkeys.

Do you think the Statusbar will return to the Playing mode? It was rather useful

EDIT: I was saying Ctrl+T but it is actually Alt+Tab
Last edited by mgzvg887 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) I doubt it, I had raised it before. The Playing is seen as different from the other nodes.

2) Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5? What if you disable the Visualization and then close MediaMonkey. Can you then reproduce the problem after starting MediaMonkey again?
mgzvg887

Post by mgzvg887 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:55 am 1) I doubt it, I had raised it before. The Playing is seen as different from the other nodes.

2) Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5? What if you disable the Visualization and then close MediaMonkey. Can you then reproduce the problem after starting MediaMonkey again?
1) That's a shame. Is there any alternate way around it? I don't want the total length of what is playing, but I do want the total length of songs that are highlighted.

2) 5.0.1.2433. Yes, I get the same problem when I restart - it's not a big one, but worth bringing up (Also, I'm an idiot and thought it was CTRL+T, but it was actually Alt+Tab, to switch between windows. The problem remains the same, though)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) No

2) Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

AFAIK: 1) is being tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16370 with 5.0.2 target
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) When you set the Playing window to List (Tools > Options Playing List) you can enable the Statusbar. This will show the Statusbar in the Playing window (not node). It includes showing the stats on selected files.