Easier Way to Find Duplicate tracks / Merge Conductor / Delete Duplicate track

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

richiefinger

Easier Way to Find Duplicate tracks / Merge Conductor / Delete Duplicate track

Post by richiefinger »

Anyone know if there is an easier solution to my problem.
At present I'm having to do it track by track.

I have about 3000 dupes that I've found using the find duplicates node on the sidebar.
I want to only have one copy of each track in my library.
The dupes have different data in the Conductor field.
I want to merge/add the Conductor fields of duplicate tracks and delete one duplicate, leaving one master track with all the data combined.

MM4 or MM5
Current MM5 5.0.1.2433
One method I've tried is to highlight any dupes that all have the same Conductor info, with the idea of dragging those into the other Conductor field, but the Conductor node on the sidebar doesn't expand/collapse to show all the Conductors as a list.
Lowlander

Re: Easier Way to Find Duplicate tracks / Merge Conductor / Delete Duplicate track

Post by Lowlander »

In MediaMonkey 4 this Addon can copy metadata from one file to another and also delete the source file: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13000&hilit=advanced+duplicates

In MediaMonkey 5 there currently is easier method to do this.
richiefinger

Re: Easier Way to Find Duplicate tracks / Merge Conductor / Delete Duplicate track

Post by richiefinger »

Cheers Lowlander. Yes I did have a look at that before but saw quite a few posts saying it was unstable.
I noticed you had replied and had used it, what version of MM4 do you use it on and have you found it stable?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I haven't used MediaMonkey 4 in a long time, thus I haven't used the Addon either. It always worked fine for me, but I only used it to copy metadata from old files being replaced with new higher quality files.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

You may also want to try these in MMW4:

1). Magic Nodes / Duplicates - beneath this there are numerous "options" that can help explain the reason for the duplication!

Personally, I use in conjunction with Tagging Inconsistencies as this has searches for things like "Missing Tracks" and "Same Disc# / Track#" and "Tracks in Multiple Folders"

2). Export a CSV report and check with Excel (or Access) if you have skills in either of these. This can give a bit more of a helicopter view and highlight generic issues e.g. Artist naming.

Can't comment on merging the Conductor as I do not use this field myself. But if you can search group, then you can edit an "album" at a time.

Hope these help.
Ian Taylor