Lost information moving to MMW5 [#16916]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

rdbblk

Lost information moving to MMW5 [#16916]

Post by rdbblk »

Hi,

In MMW4 I stored artist information. Standing on the artist with 'Shift - Enter' you could enter info on a field called Remarks (or something like it, I use the Dutch version where it is called 'Opmerkingen'). This info I cannot find back on MMW5. How to get to it??

Regards,

Ruud
Lowlander

Re: Lost information moving to MMW5

Post by Lowlander »

The Artist and Album Comment from MediaMonkey 4 are not made available in MediaMonkey 5. The data itself isn't lost and still available in the database.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:30 pm The data itself isn't lost and still available in the database.
"Available" doesn't seem to be the appropriate adjective in this case.
Fixing this is on the To Do list?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, this has been depreciated. MediaMonkey 4 only had a way to add the information to the database, but didn't provide a method to use the information within MediaMonkey.

In MediaMonkey 5 you can have Artist info from Wikipedia when using the Info Panel: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Displayed

The data is still in the database so it could be made accessible via an Addon if someone creates one to do so.
rdbblk

Post by rdbblk »

That is a very lousy deal. A very stupid and frustrating decision. "It is still there", sure you only cannot get to it anymore.... :x

A very sure way to frustrate a formerly satified customer. This is the way of acting I expect from Microsoft.... :evil:

Ruud
Peke

Post by Peke »

rdbblk wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:10 pm That is a very lousy deal. A very stupid and frustrating decision. "It is still there", sure you only cannot get to it anymore.... :x

A very sure way to frustrate a formerly satified customer. This is the way of acting I expect from Microsoft.... :evil:
Ruud
Sorry to hear that, MM5 was in Beta whole 5 years, we even allowed any MM1-5 GOLD user to use MM5 full. No one complained in years I raised that in a bug, but except me I have not seen any other user use that regularly.
rdbblk wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:10 pm This is the way of acting I expect from Microsoft....
That is a bit harsh in MS case feature will be removed and you would loose all the data.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:14 pm Sorry to hear that, MM5 was in Beta whole 5 years, we even allowed any MM1-5 GOLD user to use MM5 full. No one complained in years I raised that in a bug, but except me I have not seen any other user use that regularly.
Peke, this claim would be more credible, if you had not also participated in this thread a year ago.

And, you used that feature?! And you, and LowLander, lost out when the MM5 feature set was being negotiated inside your HQ?

Come On Guys ... you need to raise your game. :)
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

AFAIK this bug is already being tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16916 (currently with 5.0.2 target)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:20 am
Peke wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:14 pm Sorry to hear that, MM5 was in Beta whole 5 years, we even allowed any MM1-5 GOLD user to use MM5 full. No one complained in years I raised that in a bug, but except me I have not seen any other user use that regularly.
Peke, this claim would be more credible, if you had not also participated in this thread a year ago.

And, you used that feature?! And you, and LowLander, lost out when the MM5 feature set was being negotiated inside your HQ?

Come On Guys ... you need to raise your game. :)
:( I was simply up voted :( https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16613
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Peke wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:45 pm :( I was simply up voted :( https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16613
Ok, my bad, I haven't realized that #16613 has been already entered while I was entering #16916.
Nevertheless upon some internal discussion with Michal, he is already working on #16916 ;-)