Non album artist tracks

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Darkmp3

Non album artist tracks

Post by Darkmp3 »

Hi all, I'm new here but i've been using MediaMonkey for years. I love version 4.1 and performed an update this morning whilst half asleep that i thought would just be the latest update for it but it turned out to be MM5.

I had a quick look at it before work and to be honest i've spent the day horrified at what i saw. I'm incredibly relieved to find out that MM4 is still installed and working on my PC so my questions about MM5 aren't as important anymore.

I've worked out how to populate the list of artists on the left but when i click on a non-album artist i'm given a screen of gibberish. All i want to see is what tracks are associated to that artist in my collection and not the all the tracks of all the albums they appear on. For instance someone like Sharon Den Adel appears on Armin Van Burren's RELAXED album. I just want to see the track she appears on and not the whole album. I'd go to Armin Van Burren to see the whole album.

If this is the way it is i will remove MM5 and carry on with MM4 and update no more.
Lowlander

Re: Non album artist tracks

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using the Artist node in the Media Tree? What View are you using? In the Browser View it will show the full Album when expanding the Album, but not in the tracklist. In other views only the files tagged with the Artist value in Artist or Album Artist are shown.

Views: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ging_Views
Darkmp3

Re: Non album artist tracks

Post by Darkmp3 »

Ah ha! Thank you. I see there are way more views now. Sorted i think, the list view looks similar to MM4
Last edited by Darkmp3 on Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.