Add/Rescan individual artist folders

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Darkmp3

Add/Rescan individual artist folders

Post by Darkmp3 »

Every Saturday morning i will add the following weeks listening to MediaMonkey and copy it to my portable player of choice for the week. I've tried using MM5 this morning and gave up and reverted back to MM4.

One of the changes i'm not keen on is i can't scan just the artist folders i've added to or created rather than the whole music folder. I currently have 7398 album artist folders and it takes too long to scan them all every time. MM4 is much better at handling that many at the moment.
Lowlander

Re: Add/Rescan individual artist folders

Post by Lowlander »

You can still select individual folders to be scanned through Add Location: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... he_Library

Alternatively you can Drag & Drop folders to be added from File Explorer onto a Collection root node (like Music) to be added.
Darkmp3

Post by Darkmp3 »

There is no way i'm going to individually add over 7000 artist folders. MM4 has a folder tree showing all the sub folders which is missing in MM5. I miss that feature.

I didn't know about the drag and drop facility, that is handy, thanks. Is that the case for MM4 too?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes.