Unable to view a Collection

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

useradinfinitum

Unable to view a Collection

Post by useradinfinitum »

I love the Collection feature of MediaMonkey 5 and have successfully created many Collections based on artist or genre or label etc. Everything was working beautifully until I tried to create a Collection for the artist Wayne Shorter. I can create the Collection which then appears in the left panel but when I try to view it MM5 crashes leaving only a white screen. Then I have to end task and restart. I have deleted the Collection and re-created it multiple times. I have restarted MM5 multiple times and even restarted the PC twice. Why would a specific artist cause a crash? There is nothing unusual about my Wayne Shorter collection. My total collection includes 202,322 tracks or 12,652 albums. Most are MP3 320 or VBR. I don't know how to troubleshoot this nor do I know where to find a crash log. I am using Windows 10 - Home 64-bit if that helps. Thank you for any assistance.
Lowlander

Re: Unable to view a Collection

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
useradinfinitum

Lowlander wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:28 am Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the white screen in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
useradinfinitum

Lowlander wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:49 am Please capture the white screen in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
I followed the instructions per step 4b, d/l and installed last test build, attempted to create the Collection which crashed MM5. I wasn't prompted to send crash report so I went digging. No log was found in any of the locations mentioned (Eureka Lab folder).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you run DebugView as in the instructions. It will capture all activity from the debug version of MediaMonkey which will help the developers analyze what happened.