Music showing as audiobook in search results?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

lkraus

Music showing as audiobook in search results?

Post by lkraus »

Why are all my Music search results found in Albums also appearing as Audiobooks in the results? All of the tracks/albums are correctly tagged as music genres, none are tagged as audiobooks.
Lowlander

Re: Music showing as audiobook in search results?

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using? Testing with the latest 2501 Alpha build of 5.0.2 I can't reproduce.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

not sure this will solve your problem but have you rebuilt your db ... File->Manage Database. I have see similar very occasionally and a rebuild worked wonders
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
lkraus

Post by lkraus »

Says it is current, but it is 5.0.1.2433, just installed four days ago.
Rebuilding data base did not change the results.

Guess I need to wait for a 5.0.2 update. Just an oddity, not a critical problem.
Still getting used to changes from MM4, rather not get into alpha/beta releases.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

lkraus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm Rebuilding data base did not change the results.
You did a "rebuild", not an "optimise"?
lkraus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:39 pm Why are all my Music search results found in Albums also appearing as Audiobooks in the results? All of the tracks/albums are correctly tagged as music genres, none are tagged as audiobooks.
you probably already know this, but "genre" doesn't designate music type.
See here
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
lkraus

Post by lkraus »

Yes, I did a rebuild.

I don't think I've ever paid attention to "type", never changed a type, and don't know how that value is assigned. I added a Type column to the main window, sorted both Music and Audiobooks by Type and found no tracks with an incorrect type.

Even if Type was incorrect, I would still not expect a track to show up as both Music and Audiobook
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

lkraus wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:54 am I don't think I've ever paid attention to "type", never changed a type, and don't know how that value is assigned. I added a Type column to the main window, sorted both Music and Audiobooks by Type and found no tracks with an incorrect type.
I think that we are talking about different things.
I thought that you meant that the phantom books were appearing in the (MediaTree) Audiobooks node.
That node displays only database rows where Type = Audiobooks.

I looked at your diagram, and I now see that you are talking about a "Audiobooks" section, in Browser view I think .. ?
I don't have any audiobooks, so I didn't know that a separate Audiobooks section existed.
lkraus wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:54 am Even if Type was incorrect, I would still not expect a track to show up as both Music and Audiobook
Agree, I didn't read what you wrote carefully enough.

Looks like you have found a bug.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

For me only the tracks with Type=Audiobook are show as 'Audiobooks' in search results.
To shed some light on this, can you zip/rar your MM5.DB and share it via eSupport ticket for us to analyze to see why it is happening for you? To see hwere your MM5.Db resides see https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ini-files/