Slow interface performance

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

BiffTheUnderstudy

Slow interface performance

Post by BiffTheUnderstudy »

After using MM5 for a while, I've generally found the UI to be a bit erratic and at times very slow to respond. I'm using 5.0.1.2431 on 64-bit Windows 10 and am usually connected to a Sonos Play 5, though using the internal player seems to behave the same albeit with less time using it. Some specific items:

1. If MM5 is left open and playing and the window has focus, within a song or two and at the beginning of a song it will pause playing. If I move the mouse or interact with the window it'll start playing again. If the window doesn't have focus it behaves as expected.
2. The process tree generated by MM5 is odd to me in general, but shows one of the processes using processor time consistently at ~8%. The 32 bit tree has four subprocesses, two of which are 32 bit Media Monkey 5 (one of these takes the processor time) a 64 bit??? Media Monkey 5 and a 64 bit??? Mediamonkey64helper.
3. If I remove a track, for example, either from the database or database and drive, it can take several seconds to complete. Multiple tracks can take several minutes. This is one where switching to the internal player seems to help.
4. Type ahead in the main view doesn't always land at what is typed. Usually it's off by one or two letters and yes, I do type quickly and accurately enough. I wonder if this is related to the processor usage.

In fact, I wonder if all of the "bugs" I've seen have to do with the process tree. I'll hold off any more reports pending feedback on the process tree behavior. Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Slow interface performance

Post by Lowlander »

The current release is 5.0.2433, please update to it: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8811&sd=d

1,3,4) If you can reproduce after updating please capture these in separate debug logs (step 4b) and attach the logs to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

3) Is the file playing that is being removed, and is removed from an internal drive or another type of storage?
BiffTheUnderstudy

Re: Slow interface performance

Post by BiffTheUnderstudy »

I've been able to recreate the behavior in 2433, so I'll submit a support ticket.

The files and database are located on internal SSD drives. There are no bottlenecks in IOPS I've been able to detect.

Thanks!