MMW4 Gold, trying MMW5: Playlist importing issue

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

MMW4 Gold, trying MMW5: Playlist importing issue

Post by gordol »

I have MMW4 Gold installed on two PCs. On one of them, it appears that the playlists were imported correctly when I copied the MM.DB database over prior to starting MMW5. One the other one, though, it appears that the playlists did NOT copy over correctly when I did the same thing. On that one, I use it primarily for videos, and the current in use playlist opened up in a strange place and the videos are out of order despite having the same search and sort criteria.

Fortunately, it's not really a sequential list of videos, so can live with it. However, I have not checked the other playlists yet.
Lowlander

Re: MMW4 Gold, trying MMW5: Playlist importing issue

Post by Lowlander »

Are you referring to Playlists in the Playlist node in MediaMonkey? Are they AutoPlaylists or regular Playlists?
gordol

Post by gordol »

Yes, the Playlist node. And yes, Auto Playlists.
The one I know for sure isn't sorted the same is filtered by genre, and sorted by Date Added and Last Played.

I'll spot check some of the others later when I have a chance. They're sorted differently, by season and episode which obviously have a more definitive criteria.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Review the sort settings for the AutoPlaylist. You may need to update the settings to get the desired result.

Note that Date Added was sorting on exact time MediaMonkey 5.0 and 5.0.1, this has changed in 5.0.2 if you have additional sorts: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5215
gordol

Post by gordol »

The other playlists are sorting fine, it's just that one that got re-sorted. And since it's a random assortment, as long as it still sorts the Last Played normally, I can live with it not doing the Date Added the way I was used to.

I do have another issue on that workstation, in another thread. I found a prior post from someone else with that issue, so I replied to that instead of making a new thread (I read the rules).