scan all files in folder tree.

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

TweePunt5Tee

scan all files in folder tree.

Post by TweePunt5Tee »

Hello!

First of all mediamonkey is for me the best musicplayer around.
I use it to manage my large collection of music :D and also to prepare dj sets and convert my mixes from wav to mp3.

Only function i miss, or maybe is there but i can't find is when in the file tree, the option that it automatically adds all music from a certain folder and/or a group of folders to a playlist.

In MM4 in the file tree you could unfold a filefolder and select: ''all'' and it would scan for all the music within this folder and subfolders, and showed this in a playlist with all the files within this folder and subfolders. This was ideal for me, because i have dozens of file folders within folders, this way it was easy to listen to all music i've already sorted in folders of genres and sub genres and rate them!

It still does scan when selecting a folder containing songs, but it would also be nice that it would scan the songs when clicking on an entire file folder containting subfolder. For example: i now have to go to an album, and click cd1 see whats in there, and then click cd2 and see which files are in there.

Adding everything to the library isn't ideal for me since i use an external harddrive and internal drives and move files around quite a bit.

Thanks for delivering such nice software! 8)

Greetings,
2.5T
Peke

Re: scan all files in folder tree.

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In MM5 use ⋮ -> Enable all subnodes fro library items and for all files in subfolders on top right above track browser first icon should be Folder icon with + that if you enable then MM view will also show all tracks in subfolders.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: scan all files in folder tree.

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey always scans all sub-folders of the folder selected for scanning: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... he_Library

However it seems to be a display issue you're dealing with. The All node is gone, but the same effect can still be done by displaying files recursively: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ecursively