Choosing Multiple Moods [#17826] [#18383]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MacGuyver

Choosing Multiple Moods [#17826] [#18383]

Post by MacGuyver »

Hi there,

Currently using MMW5 V5.01.2433 Gold

In MMW4 it was easy and fast to tag songs with multiple moods while listening to individual tracks. This was such a useful feature and was well-implemented.

On MM5 I'm having trouble accomplishing this same idea. The only way I've discovered to tag a mood on a track takes a number of clicks, and only allows a single mood tag for the track. (Right clicking file properties, classification, then mood and selecting only a single mood from the drop down list. Is there a faster way to do this, more similar to the MM4 method, and how can I select multiple moods?

Another question is to ask how to modify or re-order the mood list? I do think that a more robust mood choosing feature would be super helpful. I'm aware of the existing feature request tracking here https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17826, but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

Would be great to have this mood picking ability on the Android player as well, but I'm probably over-reaching now.

FYI this is a wonderful piece of software, thanks for all the work updating.
Peke

Re: Choosing Multiple Moods [#17826]

Post by Peke »

MacGuyver wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:49 pm Would be great to have this mood picking ability on the Android player as well, but I'm probably over-reaching now.
Not possible with current MMA, but maybe when we start MMA 2.0 cycle.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MacGuyver

Post by MacGuyver »

Thanks, Peke!

Any feedback on the other questions for MM5:
1) How to quickly tag more than one mood per track
2) How to modify the mood list

Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Not sure how you did this in MM4
2) No, there is no method to organize the order in MM5.
Peke

Post by Peke »

MacGuyver wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:02 pm 1) How to quickly tag more than one mood per track
Not possible
MacGuyver wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:02 pm 2) How to modify the mood list
Directly In tree, Remove all tracks from a Mood and then Right click -> Remove.
Best regards,
Peke
MacGuyver

Post by MacGuyver »

MacGuyver wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:02 pm 1) How to quickly tag more than one mood per track
Peke wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:19 pm Not possible
This was accomplished via a tiny plugin for MM4 called "Quickmood" which allowed mutliple moods to be selected quickly via checkbox.

It makes my music library so much more useful to have multiple moods per cue. A music track is never just a single mood! :)

Any way for this plugin to be installed in MM5, I wonder?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can't seams to find the plugin, do you have MMIP installation of plugin or you can upload VBS and accompany files somewhere, so that we can look at it?

Mood is made as single, so I really wonder how much mess that plugin makes.

Also I would like to consider and review if Mood and other classifications are worth to be made multi value, because Quickmood are mentioned only in few threads on Forum way back in 2009.
Best regards,
Peke
MacGuyver

Post by MacGuyver »

Peke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:23 am Hi,
Can't seams to find the plugin, do you have MMIP installation of plugin or you can upload VBS and accompany files somewhere, so that we can look at it?

Mood is made as single, so I really wonder how much mess that plugin makes.

Also I would like to consider and review if Mood and other classifications are worth to be made multi value, because Quickmood are mentioned only in few threads on Forum way back in 2009.
The Quickmood plugin for MM4 is available for download on your site at the following location:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/bro ... ickmoods/

Mood as multivalue instead of single value is an important and useful feature for tagging music. Who wants to label their track with only a single descriptor? If you think of this from a tagging perspective, it has far more usefulness when you can use multiple tags.

Many people who use Media Monkey are serious music collectors and archivists. When it comes to organizing and labelling song data, a tagging system gives so much more context. Using Multimood in MM4 has been extremely powerful for this purpose. I hope you will consider this going forward.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Multiple moods are supported. This Addon is not been updated for MediaMonkey 5, but you can use multi-value with all Classification fields. I tend to type and use auto-complete.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You are both right I added it under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18383 as separate issue of https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17826 because it should be easier to add in short term.
Best regards,
Peke
MacGuyver

Re: Choosing Multiple Moods [#17826] [#18383]

Post by MacGuyver »

Thank you Peke. Great to hear!
rusty

Post by rusty »

Just an fyi: if you click the mood field and press ';' then the list of available fields appears. Not exactly what you're asking for, but maybe helpful.

-Rusty
MacGuyver

Post by MacGuyver »

Rusty, this is extremely helpful, actually. Having the mood list appear is almost as useful as checkboxes. And I'm definitely taking advantage of ";" also for multiple entries per track. Thanks! :D