Transferring from an iPod Classic - A1238

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

DallasPhoenix69

Transferring from an iPod Classic - A1238

Post by DallasPhoenix69 »

I have an iPod 5th Generation that I have had for years with 20 years of MP3s I've collected and tagged w/artwork, and when I try to import to MediaMonkey Gold 5 I am still confused on how to preserve track #, artist, art, and filename. Most of the time the files will be something like ABCD, they lose track numbers, etc. I have far too many albums and songs to manually Autotag each file. Does someone have a best method to backup/transfer and autotag all music properly to my PC?

Thanks in advance!!!
Not_tech_savy

Re: Transferring from an iPod Classic - A1238

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Could you show me an example of what a song looks like in iTunes and what's different in MM5? I don't remember losing track #'s when I made the switch. Don't use the autotag function if you know you're info is right.

Make a copy of a couple albums from different artists (In MM5 Artist includes featured artists and Album Artist is just the main artist. That confused me for awhile) and put in its own folder and test with that before you do your entire collection. Also make a backup before you do your entire library or any major changes.

Then In tools - options - metadata menu, I think you can turn off the search for images in background option.

If you change the filename of a song iTunes will no longer recognize said song. I moved my entire collection to MM5, so that's not a problem for me anymore. (using your test folder) I would go into tools - options - auto organize, try adding the tags you need to the filename. Then scan your test folder in and see if that preserves the info you want. (This might only help you if you're planning to stop using iTunes)

This is my set up Image
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
DallasPhoenix69

Post by DallasPhoenix69 »

Thanks and I will give that a try.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

You're welcome. Reread you're post, is it changing the filename as well?

I was going to add that MM5 can take information directly from the filename.
And did you go into the itunes options menu and check the box for allowing other programs to import your library?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more