sync failing between MM and Samsung S10

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

backinhumanform

sync failing between MM and Samsung S10

Post by backinhumanform »

I am running MediaMonkey 5.0.1.2433 on Windows 8.1. It is the pro version. I am attempting to sync my music library with a Samsung S10 smartphone. My music library has approx. 34,000 audio files and no videos. I have attempted the sync three times with the following results:

1. Start MM as normal, and sync to phone. MM hangs after approx. 11,500 audio files. I force exit through Task Manager.
2. Start MM as normal, and sync to phone. MM hangs after approx. 11,500 audio files. The exact number is not the same as the first time, but both numbers are around 11,500. I force exit through Task Manager.
3. Fresh reboot of windows. Fresh reboot of smartphone. Start MM in safe mode. MM hangs after approx. 25,000 audio files. I cancel the sync. MM continues to hang, although the disappearance of the “syncing file x of 34,000” message at bottom left of the screen leads one to believe that the sync has been cancelled. But MM just hangs, so who knows? It is not possible to exit MM other than by a forced exit in Task Manager.

Please help.
Lowlander

Re: sync failing between MM and Samsung S10

Post by Lowlander »

Are you doing a USB or wifi Sync?

Can you please try with the latest test build of MediaMonkey 5.0.2: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d

If it still hangs on Sync, please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
backinhumanform

Re: sync failing between MM and Samsung S10

Post by backinhumanform »

I tried with the latest build of MM debug. The transfer worked correctly, thank you.