Auto tag

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

dawsonmobley

Auto tag

Post by dawsonmobley »

I just bought mediamonkey5 and am running the autotag feature. I have over 6000 songs it is tagging and organizing but the dialogue seems to pick a random number of songs to work on at a time and I have to confirm that batch before it will move on. It is doing anywhere from 10 to 100 songs at a time which means I have to stay by the computer untill it's done. anyway to make it just do eveything in one process? I couldn't find anything in options that appeared to limit how many files it would work on in a batch. Does it only work on songs one folder at a time maybe? do I need to collect everything into one folder?

thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Auto tag

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Tag is limited to run on batches of 100 files (for Gold users): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... g_Auto-Tag

So if you select more than 100 files it will split them in batches of 100 files till all files in the selection have been processed.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Haven't used AT in the newer builds. But I believe if you check the box for it to run when scanning files in it will make you confirm after each artist.
​If you select all tracks and run it off of right click menu it will do it in 100 song batches, if that helps
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
rolandson

Post by rolandson »

Is there a way I can Tag more than 100 like 1000 at once and not in 100 steps
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, Auto-Tag is limited to sets of 100 files.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

In any case, I think you need to watch what it does.

It takes a perfectly tagged album of Irish Rovers music, ie not exactly unheard of, and splits it into different albums, so beware of unattended and unsupervised autotagging.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
rolandson

Post by rolandson »

Sorry my mistake. Did found everything. There still were a few txt in the folder.
Other question. How can I find out which song I already made a auto tag
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no method to track what Auto-Tag has already tagged.
rolandson

Post by rolandson »

Rob_S wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:29 pm In any case, I think you need to watch what it does.

It takes a perfectly tagged album of Irish Rovers music, ie not exactly unheard of, and splits it into different albums, so beware of unattended and unsupervised autotagging.
I only do that to find out what songs are double.
rolandson

Post by rolandson »

Rob_S wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:29 pm In any case, I think you need to watch what it does.

You were right. I have to delete everything now. It tagged nirvana wrong. Who knows what else
rolandson

Post by rolandson »

How to remove all auto tags again. There are songs with the same title, but the song is a different one.
https://ibb.co/GM853sM
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can't undo Auto-Tag (this is why it's recommended to verify the suggested changes before applying them with Auto-Tag).

If the folder/filenames contain the correct information you may be able to recover using Auto-Tag from Filename (again verify changes before applying them).
rolandson

Post by rolandson »

The filename is correct, but this is what is going to chance
https://ibb.co/nkCP1jC
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll have to adjust the Mask to fit your filename setup.
rolandson

Post by rolandson »

How?
https://ibb.co/8XJZT2b

And i think only the songs there are listed in double are wrong.
Last edited by rolandson on Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:42 am, edited 4 times in total.