Application Error when editing MusicBrainz mismatches

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

mackay_tt

Application Error when editing MusicBrainz mismatches

Post by mackay_tt »

Many (maybe most) of my Artist and Album Artist names are being mismatched by the MusicBrainz service. Here are some examples: "Christiansen, Clay" is matched to "Clay (rapper from northside gwinnett county)"; "Christoff, Boris" to "Boris (Japanese experimental band)"; "Clark, Keith" to "Keith Lionel Urban"; "Clemencic, René" to "René Jacobs"; "Cleveland Quartet" to "Kodály Quartet"; "Coates, Gloria" [a conductor] to "Gloria (German indie band)". I realize that this may be because I use "last-name, first-name" format. But when I select the correct match in the drop down menu it reverses the name to "first-name last-name". If I then correct the name order it sometimes preserves the correct match, but more often it treats the restored name order as a new entry and returns the mismatch. So I now just select the "Do not display information" option.

However, after three or four edits on mismatched names MM5 grinds on for about a minute then reports the following error (this from my most recent incident):
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Application Error

Application throw an exception setVisibility can be called only on elements in COM tree!
Callstack: Script: file:///mmunit.js ; Func: window.assert; Row: 2791 ; Col: 9
Script: file:///mminit.js ; Func: window.setVisibility ; Row: 2564 ; Col: 9
Script: file:///controls/popupmenu.js ; Func: eval ; Row: 1143 ; Col: 29

Would you like to restart MediaMonkey in Safe mode?

Restart Restart in Safe mode Continue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As useful as the MusicBrainz match is (when it is correct), I can't see myself editing the more than 220,000 files in my database one-by-one to remove all the mismatches. Is there a way to disable the MusicBrainz Service. I realize that service is a major asset of MM5 but dealing with all these errors makes it a detriment for me. The delete bin for this service in the Add-Ons window is greyed out.

Thank you for your attention and time,
Tim MacKay
Lowlander

Re: Application Error when editing MusicBrainz mismatches

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
mackay_tt

Post by mackay_tt »

Thank you for your very prompt response.
Sorry I forgot to include the following:

MediaMonkey 5.02.2508

Windows 10 Pro ver.21H2 - build 19044.1387 - 64 bit
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please as first start update to latest 5.0.2 Beta from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d also I would suggest that you enable Beta Build check at Tools -> Options -> General.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Friedrich

Post by Friedrich »

Disabling all background auto-tagging is probably the only way to avoid this.
Musicbrainz or any other tagging databases like discogs, freedb, etc. are simply not reliable enough to let them loose on a whole library. Thats not MM's fault, though. For single tracks or albums I find it very useful, but every match has to be checked.
Did you have "Lookup missing information via auto-tag (only registered users)" enabled in the Add-Rescan dialog?
Never happened to me what you experienced.
Maybe because I have not registered any MM5 version yet.
---
after three or four edits on mismatched names MM5 grinds on for about a minute then reports the following error
Sounds familiar to me. Does not happen with 2433 here, though.
viewtopic.php?p=487291#p487291
MM5 (2606)and MM4 (1919) installed and running well on:
Debian 11 KDE, EndeavourOS KDE (wine 7.4 via playonlinux), Win10 64bit