MM5 - Refresh Play Order To Match Sort Order - No Option!

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

ArcEchoFive

MM5 - Refresh Play Order To Match Sort Order - No Option!

Post by ArcEchoFive »

I noticed that in MM5 there is no longer any keyboard shortcut or menu option to "refresh the play order to match the sort order." This used to be Alt+F5 or CTRL+ALT+F5. The option is no longer listed anywhere and the keyboard shortcuts do not work!

Why does this suck? Because I have spent countless hours building a great playlist and rating all my songs. I then sort by 5 star songs first down to 4.5 then 4 star songs. No songs under 4 stars on the list. Now... I need to save that play order so it's applied to the playlist and I can sync it with my MM Android version. In MM4 this worked wonderfully. It no longer works and in a playlist with 150 to 200 songs it sucks! I can't even create the keyboard shortcut in options because the functionality is not there to select. Only F5 is available, which undoes any sort I apply....

Please bring this back!!

Thanks!
ArcEchoFive

Re: MM5 - Refresh Play Order To Match Sort Order - No Option!

Post by ArcEchoFive »

Okay so I ended up figuring this out and rather than deleting my original post I'm leaving a reply with the solution here in case someone else has the same issue. It's actually super easy but doesn't seem to be documented.

Step 1: Sort the playlist however you like and add it to the "Playing" list to the right of your screen. (Default Desktop Layout)
Step 2: Click the 3 dots at the top left of the "Playing" list and select "Save Playlist"
Step 3: Sync your playlist to your mobile device and you're done!

Such as simple task but I wasn't able to find this change in functionality anywhere in the documentation. If it's there and I missed it then I apologize but hopefully this helps someone else out...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is a Save new order button when you re-arrange files within a Playlist: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... a_Playlist
ArcEchoFive

Post by ArcEchoFive »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:03 pm There is a Save new order button when you re-arrange files within a Playlist: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... a_Playlist
Thanks for pointing this out! I had done a search of documentation but I was looking for "refresh play order" and "match sort order" which is why I wasn't able to find it - they changed what it was called. The button is in a pretty poor spot for those of us that have excessively large monitors. It felt like it was in another zip code lol.

Anyway I'm thankful for your help. Have a great night!
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Alt+F5 works for me fine, also this is the first item in the context-menu after right-clicking a track in disorted playlist.

But maybe you are using an older build (I am on 5.0.2.2524)
ArcEchoFive

Post by ArcEchoFive »

Ludek wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:58 am Alt+F5 works for me fine, also this is the first item in the context-menu after right-clicking a track in disorted playlist.

But maybe you are using an older build (I am on 5.0.2.2524)
How are you on v5.0.2.2524? When I go to Help->About, it states MediaMonkey 5.0.1.2443 is the current version. For me, Alt+F5 still does not work and Play Now is the first Context Menu item regardless of where I'm clicking on the playlist or if I've moved songs around or not.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's a beta (which will be found if you enable beta checks and it is available here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643&sd=d