Changing Artwork and Wiki Info

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

wallyp

Changing Artwork and Wiki Info

Post by wallyp »

It is very possible that I am just overlooking something that should be simple, but I have now spent hours searching for a way to change the Album Artwork. I can delete incorrect artwork, but cannot find a way to paste the correct Album Artwork.

The case is the same for incorrect WIKI information. So far, if MM5 picks up WIKI info on an album or an artist, it seems as if is there to stay. Is there any way to remove it, replace it or edit it?

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Wally
Lowlander

Re: Changing Artwork and Wiki Info

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHelp:Album_Art/5.0

You can paste a copied Artwork (from File Explorer or a browser) in the Properties > Artwork tab.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

You can edit album artwork via:
- Right click on the Album image (whether it's in the Preview window or the Artists view) and clicking Lookup image (to quickly add a new one)
- Right click on a track or album image > Properties... > Artwork (to edit existing artwork)
- Right click on a track > Auto-tag (to edit all metadata)

Generally, the album art/metadata that appears in the Info Panel will match that of the track, unless you choose to associate the track with a different Wikipedia entry. You can choose which album in Wikipedia to associate in Music > Albums > AlbumName [Browser view] by clicking the ⋮ > Choose alternate album.

-Rusty
wallyp

Post by wallyp »

Okay, Thanks to the gracious help of the folks on here, I can now find and change the artwork, and I have almost all of the artwork for the 2,000 or so albums corrected, and I think that I am totally migrated from MM4 to MM5. Now I have one last (I hope) concern.

I finally decided that the little icon in the upper left corner of the artwork indicated that the marked artwork was the program's best guess. I have gone thru and clicked "OK" all of the correct artwork, and found and installed replacements for the incorrect artwork. So far, so good.

However, I appear to be doing something wrong, because the icon keeps reappearing at random on some of the artwork that I have OKed, usually after a program restart. So far, I haven't seen any pattern to the reappearance of the little icon in the upper left corner of the artwork. I would really like to get this job done and over with.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Wally
rusty

Post by rusty »

Wally,

The little icon is a 'Save to disk' icon, and yes--it indicates that the artwork was found automatically which is why it was cached rather than saved.

Re. the occasional failed saves:
- Are you using build 2333 of MM5 (there were some artwork problems in earlier builds of MM5)?
- Are you saving artwork for _all_ files on an album (i.e. supposing an albums has multiple tracks, and you select the track and see the album art in the Preview window, clicking 'Save' will only save the artwork for the selected track unless you check off 'Apply to all files in the album/series')? If not, then selecting another track on the album won't show the artwork as saved.

-Rusty
wallyp

Post by wallyp »

Rusty,

Thank you for the quick and very helpful reply!

No, I am using 2330 - I will upgrade immediately. Apparently, it is a good idea to stay very current on releases.

I keep the 'Apply to all files in the album/series' on. For the last few days I have also clicked to replace the existing artwork to see if that is going to help.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't just doing something wrong, or had just missed a setting. I haven't seen any description of what the icon was or what it does. I also haven't yet seen any way to edit or delete an incorrect wiki entry, but that isn't a major concern at the moment.

I will update, and hope that will help. Thanks again.

Wally
Wally