Auto-tag multiple albums/artists/tracks is still not a thing?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

tim000x3

Auto-tag multiple albums/artists/tracks is still not a thing?

Post by tim000x3 »

Hi, I was wondering if you can auto-tag multiple things or just have an AI figure it out with a confidence level of 70% or above. All the posts I've read are from 2009-2013 ish and they claim that there isn't one but then I read something that Trixi made one but it only works with MM4.

I've been working for the past couple of hours. I got to 11,000 tracks out of 20,300 and then MediaMonkey crashed. :oops: :cry: :roll: If there isn't a way to auto-tag multiple albums/artists/tracks at once, is there at least a way to save your auto-tag process so you don't have to start over?? Thanks.
rusty

Re: Auto-tag multiple albums/artists/tracks is still not a thing?

Post by rusty »

Auto-tag in MediaMonkey 5 works for multiple items, though it splits up large sets of tracks into batches of 100. In other words, if MMW5 crashed after 11,000 tracks the tracks updated until that point should have had their tags saved. Was that not the case?

btw, if you're consistently seeing this crash, would you mind sending us a debug log? Instructions for this are at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 (use the latest debug build and follow the steps at 4b).

-Rusty
tim000x3

Post by tim000x3 »

That was not the case! Every time I had to restart from the beginning. Also, it froze on me part-way for 1-2 hours. I managed to get a screenshot of the error here.
https://ibb.co/nPPWB8B (remove spaces) Sorry, new to the forum and IDK how to post pics.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Tags should be saved after every batch ... can you check "Update tags when editing properties" is checked in your setting (Options/Library/Tags & playlists) ? Do you have these tracks scanned into DB or are you using 'Folders' node without adding them to the DB ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643