scanning library is failing to import 1 file [#17862]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Mervil

scanning library is failing to import 1 file [#17862]

Post by Mervil »

Mediamonkey 4 never had a problem importing this one song out of 2500, I don't know what's going on with Mediamonkey 5. I noticed that in one of my folders that has 1199 songs, MM5 was only importing 1198 of them. I clicked the log, and it informed me that 1 song failed to be imported, without any specific information. I checked the song's name and metadata and found nothing unusual, no foreign characters, etc. I'm not sure what's going on. How can I fix this?
Lowlander

Re: scanning library is failing to import 1 file

Post by Lowlander »

Could the song be too short and be excluded because of that: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... y-library/

If you're unable to resolve with the above instructions can you please open a Support Ticket and share the file that fails in question? You may have to upload it to a fileshare site like Dropbox/OneDrive and include the link to the shared files in the Support Ticket.
Mervil

Post by Mervil »

The song is over 5 mins, so definitely not too short. I went through that help file, and none of that seems to apply. It's just not being brought in, and says the import into library fails in the log.
So ill open up a ticket.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »