Sort By Date Added? [#16714]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Juan_Carlo

Sort By Date Added? [#16714]

Post by Juan_Carlo »

How do I sort albums by date added? This is a very important feature for me as it's how I process new albums that I know I need to listen to. If they are sorted by album date, if I am listening to something that is new to me, yet released a while ago, I lose track of it.

Also, how do you switch from descending to ascending in a sort?
Lowlander

Re: Sort By Date Added?

Post by Lowlander »

You can click on the Added Column header to sort on it and click on it again to reverse sort: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ng_Sorting

Which fields are available depends on the View you're using, and you may need to enable the Added column before you can sort on it: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _are_Shown
Juan_Carlo

Post by Juan_Carlo »

Interesting, thanks. Is there a way to do it in grid mode? Or can it only be done via list?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Grid mode has limited fields as it needs to keep the Album files together, Added isn't included as it can split the Album up as files on the Album can be added at different times.
Juan_Carlo

Post by Juan_Carlo »

That's disappointing. Most other players can do grid views by date added. Oh well, thanks anyway.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:29 pm Grid mode has limited fields as it needs to keep the Album files together, Added isn't included as it can split the Album up as files on the Album can be added at different times.
Not a very satisfactory situation.
Many (and probably most?) people would rip the whole album together.
It seems a common requirement to sequence the grid, to be able to focus upon either new or old albums.

Why not workaround by allowing grid album sort by Add Date, where that date is defined as being the date of the album track with the earliest Add date? That would be a meaningful outcome, and would not cause the albums in the grid to become fragmented.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

The limited sorting in Grid (by Album) is tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16714

Workaround for now is using "List (by Album)"
djcaselli

Re: Sort By Date Added? [#16714]

Post by djcaselli »

Such a shame as this will make me want to use an alternative player.