MM5 doesn't notice deleted folders...help!

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

djasonpenney

MM5 doesn't notice deleted folders...help!

Post by djasonpenney »

After I rip an album, I copy it into a special folder called New, and from there I update the ID3 tags and make other adjustments before moving the new folder to its final location in my library.

I do all of that manipulation via MM5, of course, so that the manager knows what's going on. It's that final step that's giving me fits, though. Multiple times now, after the final move, MM5 has a "zombie" folder inside of New.

The folder is definitely gone when I look in Windows Explorer. If I try to "rename" the folder, MM5 reports an error. Telling MM5 directly to "remove" the zombie folder has no effect.

Today I went scorched earth approach and completely deleted the New folder itself via Windows Explorer. No dice, MM5 still thinks it's there.

I'm going nuts here...how do I repair MM5's view of my New folder? Is there anything I can do to avoid this in the future?

Thanks in advance...
Lowlander

Re: MM5 doesn't notice deleted folders...help!

Post by Lowlander »

How did you move the files out of the folder with MediaMonkey. Where exactly in MediaMonkey does it still show the folder?
djasonpenney

Post by djasonpenney »

Addendum: File->Manage Database, selecting both Rebuild and Optimize database did the trick.

And to the other person who replied: I used the drag-and-drop method of moving files inside of MM5.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

djasonpenney wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:17 pmI used the drag-and-drop method of moving files inside of MM5.
Files but not Folders?