Help setting up the default screen for Video Playback

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Slingers

Help setting up the default screen for Video Playback

Post by Slingers »

Hi,
I use MM mainly for playing music videos now and had MM4 set up with the player (now called preview) in the middle of the screen.
I can't work out how to move the panels around in the same way as you can do in MM4.
Can anyone please advise how I can do this please?

I need to get the preview module into the centre with the other modules arranged around it - I'd post a picture of the layout I need but can't work out how to upload the image to the forum.
Lowlander

Re: Help setting up the default screen for Video Playback

Post by Lowlander »

This is not possible. Preview can only be shown in the side columns. You can maximize Preview once a video is playing.

Panel configuration is done under Tools > Options > Layout: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... the_Layout
Slingers

Re: Help setting up the default screen for Video Playback

Post by Slingers »

Oh right!

Not really the reply I was expecting.

MM5 is not very video centric then!! This seems a bit out of step with the way the world is going. You're not going to get many younger users with this approach and, to keep the product alive, you really do need to appeal to them.

Is this likely to be added functionality in the future? Swapping between full screen and the library view is not really a very pleasurable user experience!
Slingers - MM user and promoter for over 15 years
Lowlander

Re: Help setting up the default screen for Video Playback [#18019]

Post by Lowlander »