How can I set ALL views/nodes to LIST view?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Ludek

Re: How can I set ALL views/nodes to LIST view?

Post by Ludek »

Hi, this issue is already tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17594 (see details in the Mantis issue)

So far there is only the shareColumns.mmip addon for this purpose (AFAIK), the addon and details here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 24#p478724

... and was also discussed here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 31#p481431
lthanna

Post by lthanna »

How can I remove views from managed views?? I only want List. I do not want Browser, Grid (videos) or List (by Series). Only List.

Or - is there a way to set all my collections and subnodes to List? The problem I am having is this... I have set the view to List and set my columns to exactly how I want them. However when I open the subnodes for that collection, and click an album artist for example, the view is set to Grid. Do I have to go through the thousands of subnodes and setting each view to List???

It is extremely annoying to see the ugly grid view of hundreds of songs when a simple list would suffice.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, you can't remove default Views. However, once you set the View for an Album, all Albums will use that View.
svillardi

Post by svillardi »

Looking to do something similar.

I do not want to remove any views, but I always want specific columns in the Column Filter and other specific columns in the List. Is there a way to either copy the settings from one subnode to another or a parent to its child nodes?

The OP makes a great point: redoing the list over and over again is very annoying. I am trying to clean up hundreds of thousands of files, and this is slowing me down tremendously.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

This subject of managing default and custom views has been frequently discussed, but it does not seem to be rising to a priority.

For some reason, it seems to be in the addons line, while I think this should be core functionality.

viewtopic.php?p=503216&hilit=default+view#p503216
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
svillardi

Post by svillardi »

On the same thought -- is there a way to export and import the collections and subnodes for a different computer? I'm starting to look at some more functionality than I had (hence all the questions). I would love it if i didn't have to recreate the wheel on my second computer.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, you can take the database, but not export Collections/AutoPlaylists as such.