MM5: navigating folder tree with keyboard, & click & drag to highlight files [#18019][#17763]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

timmytherube

MM5: navigating folder tree with keyboard, & click & drag to highlight files [#18019][#17763]

Post by timmytherube »

Just upgraded to MM5, and I have 2 questions

1) In MM4, when I would start to type a folder name while in the left hand menu, I'd navigate automatically to the folder that I was typing ("jo" brought me to the "John"s for example), but now, when I type, it pulls up a search bar that doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a setting I can use to get back to the old, useful functionality of MM4?

2) I don't seem to be able to click & drag to highlight multiple files anymore, like to add them to a now playing list. Is there something I'm doing incorrectly?

Bonus question:
I'd prefer to have the now playing as a collapse-able pane on the top instead of on the right. Is this possible?
Lowlander

Re: MM5: navigating folder tree with keyboard, & click & drag to highlight files

Post by Lowlander »

1) Make sure you're on the latest build: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d

2) This is still available, you can select any number of files and drag them. How does this fail for you and does it still fail on the latest build?

3) No, this is not possible: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18019
Barry4679

Re: MM5: navigating folder tree with keyboard, & click & drag to highlight files [#18019]

Post by Barry4679 »

timmytherube wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:58 pm 1) In MM4, when I would start to type a folder name while in the left hand menu, I'd navigate automatically to the folder that I was typing ("jo" brought me to the "John"s for example), but now, when I type, it pulls up a search bar that doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a setting I can use to get back to the old, useful functionality of MM4?
Additional to what LowLander said, you need to check the Show All SubNodes option. This switches off the "search bar " behaviour that you describe.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
timmytherube

Re: MM5: navigating folder tree with keyboard, & click & drag to highlight files [#18019]

Post by timmytherube »

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick replies. I've made sure that I'm on the most recent build. On the issues:

1) Barry 4679's advice to check the "Show all Subnodes" option restored the functionality I was looking for. Thank you! This is resolved.

2) On the question of clicking and dragging, the issue is ongoing. In the past, I could be in a folder, and if I wanted to highlight multiple tracks, I could left-click the mouse button then drag the cursor over all the files I wanted to highlight. That currently does not work for me. To select multiple sequential files in the center pane, I currently need to select the top one, then select the bottom one while holding the shift key.

3) I see that the placement of the now playing window at the top of the center panel is not currently an option. I hope it becomes so in the future.
timmytherube

Re: MM5: navigating folder tree with keyboard, & click & drag to highlight files [#18019][#17763]

Post by timmytherube »

Ok, thanks, that solves issue 2. I've got the same thing going on :: "Nevertheless it does not solve the original issue as I found that lasso selection currently fails whenever it is started below the last item in the tracklist (even if it is started within this tracklist component)," but that looks like a known issue at this point.

Getting used to MM5 now, and starting to like! Thank you!