What happened to "delete from playlist only"

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

What happened to "delete from playlist only"

Post by terryo »

I just selected some files on a playlist in MM5 and both the delete key and the menu selection "remove" gave me only two options, neither of which had the "delete from playlist only" I'm used to seeing in MM4.

So I cancelled.

How do I delete a group of selected tracks from only a playlist?
Lowlander

Re: What happened to "delete from playlist only"

Post by Lowlander »

This is still the case on build 2420. Are you sure you are deleting the file from a Playlist and not elsewhere in the MediaMonkey Library?

Also check your settings under Tools > Options > Confirmations and make sure Confirm desired options on removal of files from Playlist is enabled.
terryo

Post by terryo »

What I want to do is delete the tracks only from the playlist. This used to be an explicitly spelled out option in MM4.

The Confirm... is enabled. But confirmation happens after I initiate a delete.

But I don't want to execute a delete until I am certain I am only deleting the selected tracks from playlists. How do I do that? The box for checking that option has been removed from MM5.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Both work exactly the same, when you remove a file on the Playlist both show the confirmation
Both rely on the setting under Tools > Options > Confirmations being enabled for the dialog to show.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I see this option too here on 2422: https://www.dropbox.com/s/10dbm5s0tc02j ... 6.png?dl=0

Are you sure that you are deleting the track from a playlist (and not an auto-playlist) ?