[REQ] Ignore files less than X star ratings

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

delaysix

[REQ] Ignore files less than X star ratings

Post by delaysix »

I would really enjoy an extra library setting that will ignore files less than 3 star ratings, for example. This is beneficial for people who like to have complete albums, but only listen to several songs from an album. It would save a lot of vertical scrolling through the library as well as not play songs that we do not like.

This can be run continuously, on start up, or manually, and I don't see it being that resource intensive at all.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Ignore files less than X star ratings

Post by Lowlander »

This can be done with Collections. In a Collection you can set Criteria of which files to include or exclude. This includes Rating: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Rules/5.0
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

You can also do this on the fly.
  • the display lists all of my tracks
  • I have clicked at any random point in the main panel, which gives "focus" to that main panel
  • I start typing ... which, as you can see, auto-opens a a search widget in the tool bar
  • what I typed was rating: 2..
  • this filters the display to just tracks which have a rating of 2 or more
Only works in:
  • the AllTracks sub-node of a collection
  • or when you press Ctrl+F (or click the magnifying glass at the far right of the tool bar)
  • the difference between these two locations, is in the first one you are just searching within the current Collection, and the second one searches your whole database
  • the video jerks around a bit, but if you are typing you won't notice that :)
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Barry, liking the video clips.

By copy to the moderators - perhaps these video clips can be collected in one place for the future benefit of old and new users!
Ian Taylor