MMA getting very long file conversion sync after upgrading to MM5

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

CountZeroOr

MMA getting very long file conversion sync after upgrading to MM5

Post by CountZeroOr »

I've just upgraded to MM5 from MM4, and have moved over my database and library. I'm running into a couple odd issues.

First, when I try to sync MMA over to my computer, I'm getting a very long sync process that involves converting a whole lot of files over, and it also appears to be reuploading the files as well, but not removing the old ones. Is this just upgrading the database entries on my phone, or is this completely re-uploading all my music, podcasts, and audiobooks, meaning I'll have to clear out my library and then have to re-download everything to my device a second (third?) time?

Second, related to the converting files thing, I didn't change any sync settings between MM4 and MM5 for MMA and I made sure to get the codec pack - why is it converting files?
viking74

Re: MMA getting very long file conversion sync after upgrading to MM5

Post by viking74 »

I've found that syncing a device with MMW4 and then trying to sync it with MMW5 is not compatible (and vice versa), the whole process starts over. One of the devs will have say if this is intended. The MMW5 sync feature has been unreliable for me anyway. Certainly not the answer you're looking for, just my MMW5 experience.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Start with checking the Auto-Conversion rules: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Conversion If MediaMonkey is Converting during Sync there mus t be an Auto-Conversion rule telling it to do so. Make sure you also check Supported Formats on the same screen.

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:37 am Start with checking the Auto-Conversion rules: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Conversion If MediaMonkey is Converting during Sync there mus t be an Auto-Conversion rule telling it to do so. Make sure you also check Supported Formats on the same screen.

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?

It appears to have maybe fixed on its own at the moment - but I haven't checked for duplicate tracks yet. I'm not sure why the issue has recovered exactly though.
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

So, it did come back, and I appear to have a slew of duplicate tracks in MMA after this - so I'm going to try clearing my music library in MMA and re-syncing again, since it appears to just be the Music Library that had this problem, not podcasts.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
did you import your settings and database from MM4 to MM5? If yes, then there is no need to re-upload tracks already synced/uploaded by MM4.

If you started with fresh MM5 database (without importing) then MM5 may re-upload the music depending on your device sync profile settings (and auto-convert settings) as LowLander wrote ( https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Conversion )

Re the 'viking74' s issue, please continue in the original thread and try the newly posted build 5.0.1.2432 to confirm the fix : viewtopic.php?p=485459#p485459

Thanks!
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

I did import my settings and database - however when I initiated a sync on my phone to get new Podcast episodes, this issue came up.

Ultimately I had to delete my Music library on my phone and re-upload my music again in order to recover the issue, as I was getting a whole bunch of duplicates in my music library (my podcast library was unaffected).