MM5 Artwork

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

enserf

MM5 Artwork

Post by enserf »

I have my music files well organised on my hard drive, so usually browse in MM by file location rather than album/artist etc. which tends to be quite messy.
I notice that most of the artwork appears to be missing using this method. However if I do go by album/artist etc., it is indeed there.
It also shows if I browse in Windows Explorer.
I don't recall this being an issue in MM4.
Any ideas how I can get the artwork to show when browsing by file?
Barry4679

Re: MM5 Artwork

Post by Barry4679 »

enserf wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:38 pm I have my music files well organised on my hard drive, so usually browse in MM by file location rather than album/artist etc. which tends to be quite messy.
I notice that most of the artwork appears to be missing using this method. However if I do go by album/artist etc., it is indeed there.
It also shows if I browse in Windows Explorer.
I don't recall this being an issue in MM4.
Any ideas how I can get the artwork to show when browsing by file?
I tried what you describe. I see a small lag, but the art is there.
The lag has gone once I have navigated somewhere at least once before.

MM5 works differently to MM4 when navigating by folder. There is no "All" node in MM5. It i unlikely that this is your issue, but it works as follows.

If you look at the Toolbar control to the right of the funnel, do you see a plus or a cross inside the icon?
The plus sign indicates the MM5 does not read down the tree, beneath your current position.
So if you are at an upper level, where there are no tracks, you will see no art.
eg. c:/Music/Miles Davis/Bitches Brew/track 1.mp3
Nothing is displayed at the "Miles Davis" or "Bitches Brew" levels, because MM5 has not read the lower level yet.

You can fix this by toggling the Toolbar control, so that the "x" is displayed ... In this mode, it is the same as clicking on on the All node in MM4.

Also album art is displayed only in Grid or List by Album views. Check this via the drop down menu (2 over to the right, from the toolbar control discussed above). Make sure that you are not in Browser or List view
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
enserf

Post by enserf »

Sorry, I almost feel like we are looking at different programs. I see no funnel or 'x'. I did try different views (grid vs. list)- great suggestion- but unfortunately made no difference.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Something like this:

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... Q?e=I6HwD2

Directly above "Ace of Base" you will see the icons Barry refers to.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using the Location sub-node or Folders to browse the files. Artwork shows fine here when using the Location sub-node. Which View are you using: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ging_Views
enserf

Post by enserf »

Thanks folks. Using location rather than folders has sorted it.