Internet Radio - Using MM 3.2 for Shoutcast/Icecast Server

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

SenseMaker2010

Internet Radio - Using MM 3.2 for Shoutcast/Icecast Server

Post by SenseMaker2010 »

Hi, MM Folkies !

... as I am happy user of two MM databases with very specific genre music I think about to establish an own Internet Radio.

I already setup my own radio recording studio during last weeks for producing non commercial radio shows which are broadcasted in Germany, Switzerland and Austria via regular community civilian radio stations (cable/antenne) 7 times per month...

I have integrated my studio recording computer (MS XP Pro Sp2) in a small Microsoft network and installed Shoutcast server (MP3) + IceCast Server (OGG). I can listen now within my own computer network a kind of local web radio. Very cool. It works easily, was installed very quickly. Actually I use Winamp (as it has to be, so it seeems). I use these DSP plugins in the Winamp player:

- oddcast DSP v2 (dsp_oddcast_v2.dll)
- Nullsoft Shoutcast Source DSP v2.2.1 (dsp_sc.dll))

But there is a big "but": Personally I like to avoid using Winamp. It blows up heavily and eating huge RAM away, and its very slow. I dont like to handle two systems (Winamp and MM) for maintaining/creating playlists. Its enough time eating that I maintain my MM databases with round about 21,000 tracks indexed/catalogized.

Is there any chance to have MM as the regular player connected with Shoutcast and / or IceCast server directly ? (instead of Winamp)

If its not possible yet, I set it herewith on the wish list ! - If yes, pls give me advice or less some (external/internal forum links). I searched in the MM forum about, but mainly people are only listening to other Internet radio stations which are using shoutcast/icecast. That's not very helpful for me.

Waiting... Tks in advance.

Warm regards/TC - SM2010
SenseMaker2010

Re: Internet Radio - Using MM 3.2 for Shoutcast/Icecast Serv

Post by SenseMaker2010 »

just found a thread lately in MM forum... here about Shoutcast. But it didnt lead to any concrete positive result. :-(

Another thread was about "using shoutcast plugin with mediamonkey", but it seems very similar result. Mostly it is required to swap to Winamp. :-(
jugz

Re: Internet Radio - Using MM 3.2 for Shoutcast/Icecast Serv

Post by jugz »

I know this post was from 2011, but in case anybody needed help finding a usable plugin, I found one here: http://www.happymonkeying.com/plugin.php?q=300088

It is the EDCast Plugin (v3.2.8.92) For MediaMonkey. Make sure on initial install that MediaMonkey has been run as administrator before installing the MediaMonkey Package File.

To configure the plugin, go to Tools, Options, Player > DSP Plug-ins, Check the edcast DSP v3 box in order to configure. You will get a pop-up. Click Add Encoder. It will create a basic profile under "Encoder Settings." Right click on it, and Configure. Input your Icecast server details. Ok. Then hit connect.

Hope this helps anybody out there!!!
wasagageeks

Re: Internet Radio - Using MM 3.2 for Shoutcast/Icecast Server

Post by wasagageeks »

Thank you so much for this information, I have been using Winamp for the longest time and always wanted to use Media Monkey as I feel it is far superior to Winamp, now I am up and running. Thank you once again..
Peke

Re: Internet Radio - Using MM 3.2 for Shoutcast/Icecast Server

Post by Peke »

Gi,
When using MM with that plugin I would suggest that you switch to WAVE OUT plugin and set Buffers as low as possible. THat way you will get rid of processing LAG.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts