Is MediaMonkey ever going to support video syncing for iPod

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Col. Newman

Is MediaMonkey ever going to support video syncing for iPod

Post by Col. Newman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Is MediaMonkey ever going to support video syncing for iPod? I want a way to sync videos. I would prefer that there be a separate library for the video in MM.

Blake

Post by Blake » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:19 am

Maybe some time in the future or using a script or something. But i wouldn't count on it, MediaMonkey is strictly a music player apparently.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 am

blakeloth1 wrote:Maybe some time in the future or using a script or something. But i wouldn't count on it, MediaMonkey is strictly a music player apparently.
then why is it call MediaMonkey? MusicMonkey makes more sense.

Blake

Post by Blake » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:48 am

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4894
See the second post.
Why they don't call it MusicMonkey? It sounds stupid

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:50 am

you can use winamp plugins to play videos on your computer with media monkey. that will let you use it for video and movies.

and then you can keep your video's organized by media monkey.

maybe they will put the sync. stuff in monkey to sync video to the handheld players but do you know how big the code would be to sync all
the different kinds of video and players? why it would take a year just to code the video part.

so they allowed plugins to view video instead.

media monkey handles music better on everything but only handles video fairly well on the desktop computer which is the only system big enough to really view a good video image.

so they can call it media monkey. 8)

theres a reason tv's are as big as they are.
when they first made tv sets they were small but they saw the need To SEE the images and they then made the sets bigger when they had the new tech.

this trend with making everything smaller is bad. so what if you can't carry a 32 inch tv set around and watch your shows. atleast you can see the image on that huge screen and not need eye glasses by the time your 35 because of the use of the small screens.

of course i am not picking on anyone wearing eye glass'es i wear them too.
much rather not wear them but you end up paying for things you do as a kid when your older.
that saying
"becareful what you do today because it might come back to haunt you later."
is true in more things then you can think of.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:43 pm

It's MediaMonkey because it has basic support (playback) for video and as such it handles more than just music files. As it focusses on music no other (than playback) functionality has been added.

Although I do use MediaMonkey for video management I'd prefer it not to be included. This way they can focus resources on making the music part better.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Anti-Liberal1026

Post by Anti-Liberal1026 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:42 am

Lowlander wrote:It's MediaMonkey because it has basic support (playback) for video and as such it handles more than just music files. As it focusses on music no other (than playback) functionality has been added.

Although I do use MediaMonkey for video management I'd prefer it not to be included. This way they can focus resources on making the music part better.
Then what the hell am I suppose to use to sync videos to my iPod? I don't want to watch them in MM I just want to sync them. Also iPod only supports a couple formats anyway so its not like there are dozens.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:06 pm

I'm not sure because I don't have a video iPod but you could probably use iTunes to sync just the video and if that doesn't work you could use a program like Anapod.

Anti-Liberal1026

Post by Anti-Liberal1026 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:07 am

nohitter151 wrote:I'm not sure because I don't have a video iPod but you could probably use iTunes to sync just the video and if that doesn't work you could use a program like Anapod.
I have tried Anapod it screws up the iPod database. So using multiple programs doesn't seem an option.

charlieMOGUL

synchronize videos to your iPod

Post by charlieMOGUL » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:10 am

Please see post http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... video+ipod for using an alternative program to synchronize videos besides MediaMonkey:

I tried some alternative iPod video synchronization solutions (iTunes, Floola, Winamp), and the one that works best in my opinion: ml_ipod (http://mlipod.sourceforge.net/). It works perfectly *besides* MediaMonkey.

In short:
*) Install Winamp
*) Install ml_ipod
*) Make sure that MediaMonkey is not running
*) Fire up Winamp
*) Add video files to Winamp's currently playing list
*) Make sure the tags are filled in (otherwise your iPod will show an empty name for the video)
*) Select the files you want to send to your iPod
*) Right mouseclick
*) Choose your iPod

...and off you go!

Good luck,