File Types

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

SimmoTech

File Types

Post by SimmoTech »

I think its a bit cheeky for MediaMonkey (and indeed any media package) to take over all media file extensions and rename their type as its own.

More importantly, it messes up sorting.

Can you change the install to change types from "MediaMonkey file" to "MediaMoney <ext> file" e.g. "MediaMoney MP3 file" so that sorting will work again.

Cheers
Simon
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Wasn't it an option during installation?
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

pah68 wrote:Wasn't it an option during installation?
I think SimmoTech is talking about the "Type" column of Windows' explorer.

All the files extensions associated to MM are labelled "MediaMonkey file"; so if you have MP3s, OGGs, and so on under the same directory, sorting using this column is not really inefficient.

For example, my various images formats are associated to ACDSee and in this column i see "ACDSee GIF Image", "ACDSee PNG Image", etc.
Bex

Re: File Types

Post by Bex »

SimmoTech wrote:I think its a bit cheeky for MediaMonkey (and indeed any media package) to take over all media file extensions and rename their type as its own.

More importantly, it messes up sorting.

Can you change the install to change types from "MediaMonkey file" to "MediaMoney <ext> file" e.g. "MediaMoney MP3 file" so that sorting will work again.

Cheers
Simon
I second this!
cook_anne@yahoo.co.uk

Help - how to I correect this

Post by cook_anne@yahoo.co.uk »

Hi there,
I am new to this MediaMonkey and have the same problem. But my MP3 will not recognise the files with that type. How do I fix this?