ad to freedb [#3050]

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

julien

ad to freedb [#3050]

Post by julien »

It would be nice for other users if we could ad a cd entry into freedb from MM.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I have never had any luck adding entries to freedb. I've had EAC not come up with any CD, I fill in the details, submit it to freedb, only to get an email back sometime later telling me the CD was not added because of an ID collision (already in).

Personally, I use the MusicBrainz service when looking up CDs in MM. I'm familiar with it and I trust it. Freedb is a mess, OTOH.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

Post by Guest »

spacefish wrote: Personally, I use the MusicBrainz service when looking up CDs in MM.
Can you explain how you set this up?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Anonymous wrote:
spacefish wrote: Personally, I use the MusicBrainz service when looking up CDs in MM.
Can you explain how you set this up?
See here:

http://mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/U ... _CD_Lookup
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

I have a subscription to a paid database I costs $5 per year and almost always can find the CD when Free DB usually can't find my CD. It would be great to be able to use that service. I expect this might be difficult to do. I needed to download a new app to use the service for the utility that uses it.

Post by Guest »

@oldtimer: Try the script "external tools" to start this external app from mediamonkey.

@all: Thanks for the help with musicbrainz. But it would be a nice feature to use easier between freedb and musicbrainz without typing new server adresses...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Anonymous wrote:@all: Thanks for the help with musicbrainz. But it would be a nice feature to use easier between freedb and musicbrainz without typing new server adresses...
But I don't ever change it. I don't use freedb because the data is unreliable.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Lowlander

Re: ad to freedb

Post by Lowlander »