Multithreaded encoding while sending to portable player

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

wiz

Re: Multithreaded encoding while sending to portable player

Post by wiz » Wed May 13, 2009 12:02 am

nohitter151 wrote:This is already implemented in MM 3.1, currently in beta testing and available for download in the beta testing forum.
I just purchased MM Gold and am very disappointed in the sync speed. I have almost an 18,000 flac library and a dual core system and it is going to take days to sync to my iPod. The new 3.1 release seems to be in beta for a long time. Any time frame as to when it will be released?

Don

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:42 pm

wiz wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:This is already implemented in MM 3.1, currently in beta testing and available for download in the beta testing forum.
I just purchased MM Gold and am very disappointed in the sync speed. I have almost an 18,000 flac library and a dual core system and it is going to take days to sync to my iPod. The new 3.1 release seems to be in beta for a long time. Any time frame as to when it will be released?

Don
It is actually a release candidate now and will probably be released in less than a few weeks. You're free to use 3.1 at any time now, though...

Btw, I don't really know what you expected in terms of auto-conversion and sync speed. As you must know, file conversion is a lengthy process no matter what program you're using...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

wiz

Post by wiz » Wed May 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Btw, I don't really know what you expected in terms of auto-conversion and sync speed. As you must know, file conversion is a lengthy process no matter what program you're using...
Yes I know it is but I expected something a little faster. I just installed version 3.1 and it is converting/uploading to the iPod about 3 times as fast. So it will be finished in less than a day instead of > 3 days it was going to take. A big improvement - kudos to the developers.

manola

Post by manola » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:53 am

MediaMonkey could have 2 or more encoding threads and then place tracks in one queue to send them to MP3 portable player or other destination.
sonnerie portable gratuite

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:14 pm

jesica wrote:The new 3.1 release seems to be in beta for a long time.
It was released officially last Friday.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.