Viewing A Large Number of Artists

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ebenezer

Viewing A Large Number of Artists

Post by ebenezer »

I would like to see A-Z subfolders for grouping large numbers of artists. Is there some way to do it in the current version ?

Other ideas for new MM versions:
- direct editing of all tag info
- analysis / error checking of files (ie incorrect time or file size, etc)

Over all it's a great program.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The MagicNodes script can create these type of tree structures. You can find it in the Scripts and Components forum.

What do you mean by direct editing? You can already edit tags directly with a slow double click.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
ebenezer

Editing of Tag Info

Post by ebenezer »

Thanks for the Magic Nodes info. I installed it and it seems to work good.

My note about direct editing of tags was related to errors I have seen with some track lengths. A song might be 4:12 long and play fine but MM shows a track length of 5:12. If I go to Track Properties > Details I can display the track length but not change it. Maybe "tag" isn't the right term. Any ideas ?

Sorry if you receive any duplicate posts. I have had problems and sent a few times.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As those fields contain fixed data about the track they are not editable. I unfortunately don't know how you could have MediaMonkey show the correct length. My assumption would be that it's an input plugin issue or a corrupted file issue.

Does MediaMonkey show the wrong time in both the player when playing the song and the library when viewing the song?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)