BUG#5129 Hide Titlebar on Panels added by Scripts

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: BUG#5129 Hide Titlebar on Panels added by Scripts

Post by nohitter151 »

Fraxav wrote:Yeah I'm voting up too. A right click feature would be convenient.
It might be convenient, but there would not be any way to right click to enable the titlebar in many scripts (MonkeyRok, lyrics&comments viewer, Minilyrics embedder) because the right click options are for another program. I just don't see how a right click option is possible.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gege

Post by gege »

Hi, there. I'll continue here the discussion started in MonkeyFlow thread.
MM3 monkey wrote:Gege has helpfully clarified it - although I'm not sure you see his point? I.e. the problem is that even if you get the script-writer to add the new 'hide titlebar' option, you might not have a way to get it back.
I understand that some people want always to have titlebars because they are a very intuitive way to open and close panels. But for me I am happy (much prefer) to learn the necessary shortcuts to open and close the panels if it means we can get rid of the (to me) ugly and redundant titlebars.
I don't ever have a titlebar for my album art window and it's a breeze to open and close it with Ctrl+Alt+A.
I could write more but this is already too long and this discussion will either take place in the thread I linked to above or in the individual scripts or in a new thread. Hopefully it will be a lively debate and we can get this sorted soonest. It really is clunky and nasty to have a bar above your panel stating the blatantly obvious. The titlebars' only purpose is the little cross to close the window. The bar itself and the text are worse than redundant.
MM3 monkey, you're right about the possibility to get titlebar back. That was my first concern when trying this new funcionality.

But you're wrong about "Close" being the only purpose of titlebars. We need it to MOVE a panel too. Without a titlebar, a panel is simply stuck. Album Art, just using your example, doesn't move with hidden toolbar. But, in this case, you simply right-click the Album Art itself and you have "Show Titlebar"; then you can move it to another position.
gege

Post by gege »

nohitter151 wrote:It might be convenient, but there would not be any way to right click to enable the titlebar in many scripts (MonkeyRok, lyrics&comments viewer, Minilyrics embedder) because the right click options are for another program. I just don't see how a right click option is possible.
Right! In Lyrics Viewer I could add a new item in option sheet. Adding a right-click doesn't seem possible to me too.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks for quoting my other post here, Gege. Saved me the trouble.
gege wrote:... you're wrong about "Close" being the only purpose of titlebars. We need it to MOVE a panel too.
D'oh! You're right, of course. I don't know the solution but hotkeys are my best idea for now.

I really really would like to get rid of titlebars (apart from when moving the panels).
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

So you cannot drag if you don't have the bar. What about dragging with the right button? Or with a combo of keys and lef or right button. This way, you never need a titlebar.
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

gege wrote: Right! In Lyrics Viewer I could add a new item in option sheet. Adding a right-click doesn't seem possible to me too.
I think this is an acceptable solution. Do you foresee problems doing it that way?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

gege wrote: Right! In Lyrics Viewer I could add a new item in option sheet. Adding a right-click doesn't seem possible to me too.
is it like an option in the script UI that would let you hide and show the titlebar? This is more than acceptable. It doesn't have to be a right-click menu...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
gege

Post by gege »

nohitter151 wrote:I think this is an acceptable solution. Do you foresee problems doing it that way?
No problems at all. I'm already planning it!

Fraxav wrote:is it like an option in the script UI that would let you hide and show the titlebar?
Not in script's UI itself, but in script's Option Sheet UI (I mean: "Tools > Options... > Lyrics Viewer")
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Now we're talking!!

You're a genius.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Ok that sounds good anyway.

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Problem is, there will be scripts that don't update and therefore don't take advantage of letting us hide the titlebars.
I would have thought this was a good solution for the devs to implement:

-right clicking on any titlebar gives the option "hide titlebar"
-include a "show / hide all panel titlebars" in the view menu.

however, they have not.
So... what I set out to do today was write a script which gets a list of all dockable panels and creates a menu item under view that will show / hide each of their titlebars. - also, an option to show / hide all at once.

This would be a really handy solution and quick and easy for me to write.

But... it seams I can't find a way to get a list of the dockable panels.
any ideas?

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I think that MM developers should add right-click pop-up menu for all dockable panels with Show Titlebar option, without a need for script developers to add such thing in their scripts. It should pop-up anywhere you click in the panel, same as we get with built-in MM panels.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
gege

Post by gege »

ZvezdanD wrote:I think that MM developers should add right-click pop-up menu for all dockable panels with Show Titlebar option, without a need for script developers to add such thing in their scripts. It should pop-up anywhere you click in the panel, same as we get with built-in MM panels.
Yeah! But then we would have this problem nohitter mentioned:
nohitter151 wrote:It might be convenient, but there would not be any way to right click to enable the titlebar in many scripts (MonkeyRok, lyrics&comments viewer, Minilyrics embedder) because the right click options are for another program. I just don't see how a right click option is possible.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

gege wrote:Yeah! But then we would have this problem nohitter mentioned
I don't know where is a problem. Please nohitter, could you elaborate this? What do you mean by "the right click options are for another program"?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
gege

Post by gege »

LV and MR, for example, are embedded IE instances. If you right-click inside them, you're in fact getting IE context menu.