More powerful ripping

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ummu

More powerful ripping

Post by ummu »

I would love if MM integrated more powerful (error corrected) ripping similar to EAC (Exact Audio Copy). There is just so much room for error in the ripping process. Sometimes the errors are subtle enough to only be heard as degraded audio quality =(
tbessie

Re: More powerful ripping

Post by tbessie »

I was just thinking this exact same thing today; I've ripped my whole collection with EAC, and indexed it with MM, but due to the old FLAC-damage error that was around for awhile, none of them are exact copies of the CDs.

So I'll have to somehow re-rip everything with EAC, but then match up EVERY DAMN TRACK with the info I've stored in the MM database, and that is going to SUCK VERY IMMENSELY.

So I, too, hope the MM people can implement something as good (or almost as good) as EAC in their ripping, so that it at least makes this process a teensy bit less painful.

- Tim
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

tbessie wrote:I was just thinking this exact same thing today; I've ripped my whole collection with EAC, and indexed it with MM, but due to the old FLAC-damage error that was around for awhile, none of them are exact copies of the CDs.

So I'll have to somehow re-rip everything with EAC, but then match up EVERY DAMN TRACK with the info I've stored in the MM database, and that is going to SUCK VERY IMMENSELY.

So I, too, hope the MM people can implement something as good (or almost as good) as EAC in their ripping, so that it at least makes this process a teensy bit less painful.

- Tim
You know, you could just use Adv. duplicate find and fix script to "copy" and "paste" track data...
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=13000
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
tbessie

Post by tbessie »

nohitter151 wrote:You know, you could just use Adv. duplicate find and fix script to "copy" and "paste" track data...
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=13000
I know about that, but it will still be tedious with 7000 or so CD tracks.

- Tim