Custom Nodes, Custom Window areas

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Freexe

Custom Nodes, Custom Window areas

Post by Freexe »

http://www.freexe.com/files/mm_wish.png

The new MM is great and one step closer to my dream.

Keep up the good work.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you requesting something, or just showing appreciation? I'm slightly confused.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
sadao

Post by sadao »

Look at how the playlist node is broken off and displayed in the top right hand corner.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ok, I see.

I think that this would add confusion. Besides the navigation toolbar has quicklinks to the different nodes for quick navigation.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Freexe

Post by Freexe »

Sorry, I'm mostly showing appreciation.

The picture is of something I requested a long time ago (May 2004 according to the picture), maybe I should have explained it.

The basic point was that the 'window areas' should be customisable and you should be able to have more than one.

What is displayed in the window areas should be customisable through either a script or a ini/xml file and display only one node/ or all the nodes or the same node in muliply windows etc...

In this latest release, they have come along way in increasing the flexibilty of the window areas, hopefully in the next release we will beable to customize the nodes as well.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Teoreticaly, one time we talked on more customization of whole GUI, also something similar can be possible with Script Lng And new Forms in MM (Even More with JScript) Magic Script is one example of advanced using of VBScript,.... Freexe, in theory everything is possible but when it will be possible is the real question. There's allways hope ;)
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
sadao

Post by sadao »

Freexe wrote:hopefully in the next release we will beable to customize the nodes as well.
I don't mean to be overly laudatory (:wink:), but you should check out Pablo's magic nodes script. While it doesn't give you 100% customization of nodes, it comes pretty bloody close.
Freexe

Post by Freexe »

I already use his script, and its really cool. It helps reduce clutter in the menus, but it isnt as fast.

One day I'm sure that i will learn how MM works alittle better so I can make my own scripts to help improve the experience. But at the moment there isn't enough intergration into the nodes, and menu system.

@Peke, its cool that you guys are working at your own pace, I know it is hard to code/recode a program like MM and I dont mind waiting the extra time to get something that is great.