play avi and edit avi tag

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

richjoh

play avi and edit avi tag

Post by richjoh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:50 am

play avi and edit avi tag. I just need the MM to play th videa at least.... as I write this it can't do anything with avi

Lowlander

Re: play avi and edit avi tag

Post by Lowlander » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:16 pm

MediaMonkey doesn't support video yet, although it's planned for a future version.

You could try the WinAmp Vid4Wa plugin to get support for AVI playback (not tagging).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

richjoh

Post by richjoh » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:35 pm

I'm using MM 3.x which to date does not work with Vid42a plugin coincidentally posted on the download page and all over this forum.

I tried a video tag editor (abcAVI) and I don't like at all. Luckily I only have a few AVI files and the rest are mp4.

regards,

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 am

MediaMonkey is expected to support video files in version 4 (no timeline available for it though).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

PingL

Post by PingL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:16 am

Yes Yes Yes!!

Woohuuu! Can't wait till version 4.0!! If MediaMonkey supports videos as good as music.... it would just be the greatest media organizing software on the market!!

Hope it'll come out soon!

regards

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Sorry but I have to say that even though I have a Lifetime Gold Version license I would fork over more money even in this sad economy just to be able to load my iPod with video w/o using iTunes!
iHate iTunes!
If anyone knows a good program that can convert and load video onto my iPod without the use of iTunes as easily as it is to load music with MM, please let me know.
SirLoin
I still awaiting my copy of 'MENSA for Dummies'

0oseven

Post by 0oseven » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Love to see MM play/ and catalogue videos - lack of video playback has been the reason i havent so far boughyt the full version,

MEANWHILE next best thing and nearly as good as MM is JetAudioPlayer http://www.jetaudio.com/download/
which does play most video,has cataloguing and many other features - basic version free,