minor GUI improvements

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

demm

minor GUI improvements

Post by demm »

hi,
here are some ideas for some minor GUI improvements (possible even 2.4)

* there are features (eg. sync, remove) which are only accessible through the toolbars, not the menu. it would be much more logical to include all features in the main menu, and put shortcuts to the most important ones to the toolbars (since toolbars can be disabled)

* when you press search (or ctrl+f) MM instantly opens the search node, it would be better to wait until the user presses the OK button in the search dialog. (i also think that the "OK" button in the dialog should be renamed to "Search", but that's not so important)

* the menu-item "options" in the context menu of the tree-view is not well placed. it's not really context sensitive and should be removed from the context menu, especially because there is already an "appearance - tree" page in the options dialog. it would be much more logical to put the 2 items on this page.

* another thing i previosly posted: here
i just wanted to ask if there are any news?

* one a little bigger thing:
in the conxtext menu of the now playing windows, there is an item "List", with several subitems. randomize is one of the options, but there is no sort option, i always wondered why!
and i think the "List" item should also be available in the context menu of the tree-view when you click on a playlist.

best regards
demm
sadao

Re: minor GUI improvements

Post by sadao »

demm wrote: * when you press search (or ctrl+f) MM instantly opens the search node, it would be better to wait until the user presses the OK button in the search dialog. (i also think that the "OK" button in the dialog should be renamed to "Search", but that's not so important)
Definitely this one. It's been brought up before.
demm

Post by demm »

now that 2.4 is released please consider these for 2.5
demm

Post by demm »

*bump*
no news yet?
jiri

Post by jiri »

I like your suggestions, but since we were in the begining of MM 2.5 development rather more complex things were implemented. As MM 2.5 release date gets nearer I hope some polishing you suggest will be implemented.

Jiri