Ability To Control From Another CPU

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Remote Play

Ability To Control From Another CPU

Post by Remote Play » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:19 am

Request: Ability to Control Media Monkey from CPU 2 while playing and using sound card on CPU 1

Setup: I have MM on CPU 1 playing via a USB sound card to DAC to Stereo to various rooms in home.

Need: Ability to modify add change forward song list from other networked cpus in home.

I can sort of do this with winamp running on cpu 1 and using Ajax Amp running on cpu 1 and then accessing Ajax Amp
on any other cpu via internal network (192.168.1.x:5151) etc.

The problem is that ajax amp has a odd screen interface and I really want to use MM.

I hear there is a remote controller for the Iphone but not for the Windows Mobile platform.

Thanks...

pushpull

Re: Ability To Control From Another CPU

Post by pushpull » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 am

I use tightvnc to control my MM computer over my home network.

Melloware

Re: Ability To Control From Another CPU

Post by Melloware » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Our MonkeyTunes plugin lets you remotely control from either Google Android or Apple iPhone/iPod Touch. I know you are a Windows Mobile user and I used to be one too. But Windows Mobile seems to be losing market share by the truckload to either iPhone or Android on tablets, phones, and internet devices.

Other than that you could try one of the web based MediaMonkey controllers so you can just use IE to control MM through your Windows Mobile device.

Just my two cents...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-