Multiple PlayList for one track.

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Jamesp

Multiple PlayList for one track.

Post by Jamesp »

Hi!

I have 12,000 tracks in my database. Actualy, I classify all tracks. All tracks could be in multiple PlayList. For each tracks, I need to choose the PlayList individualy from the Property, one at a time. I think that it will be interesting having a window with all PlayList and I will check all PlayList that I want.

Is it possible or is there an other way to do that ?

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Multiple PlayList for one track.

Post by Lowlander »

Not exactly sure what you're looking for, but have you checked out right click on selected tracks, Send To > Playlist?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Jamesp

Post by Jamesp »

Hi!

That is what I do, but each time that I add a PlayList to the track, I must do that. Since, 1 track need 5 PlayList, it is very long.

Thanks.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

unfortunately there is no easy way to add the same track(s) to multiple play lists at the same time.

you can expand the play list node and drag and drop tracks on to the playlist you want which might be faster than using send to, but to me the fastest way is to use the playlist button on the standard toolbar which shows the last several playlists used.

Jamesp

Post by Jamesp »

Hi!

OK, I will try it.

Thanks
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

also, you might try the 'catagorize' toolbar, which gives dropdown for the classification nodes tempo/mood/occasion/quality.

I find that using the classifications nodes are much better than static playlists because then you can use auto-playlists to create dynamic playlists based on different classifications, and they get their own built in nodes.

regular playlists are good only if you want to keep the same tracks in specific orders
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

View -> Properties; Classification tab; "Playlists." Isn't this what you're looking for?
Jamesp

Post by Jamesp »

Hi!

OK, it's a good idea.

Thanks
Jamesp

Post by Jamesp »

Hi!

Yes this is what I need but on this, I see only the PlayList that are associate to the track.

Is there exist another way to view all PlayList, in this windows, and I will have to check the PlayList that I want ?

Thanks
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Mizery_Made wrote:View -> Properties; Classification tab; "Playlists." Isn't this what you're looking for?
this only shows what playlists a track belongs to, it does not let you add to new playlists
Jamesp

Post by Jamesp »

Hi!

I think that will be a good idea to add this feature in the next release, if possible.

Thanks
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I didn't try, but I think that Playlist Panel add-on is exactly what you are looking for.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Jamesp

Post by Jamesp »

Hi!

Effectively, I think that it is that I search.

Attention, when I was clicked on the image of MM on the topic, I was redirected to a site with XXX photos and the view on MM on the center of it. The address redirect was http://www.dumppix.com/images/qu2_20100 ... _thumb.png.

Is it a script that is ok to use ?

Thanks