Visualizations

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Visualizations

Post by Lowlander »

Are there any plans to add visualizations to MediaMonkey? Like in WinMedia and WinAmp.

I'm aware that you can select WinAmp as player and have WinAmp show you visualizations, but I don't like WinAmp.
jiri

Post by jiri »

There is a testing version of visualization support included in MM 2.0. Just put your favourite visualization plug-in to 'plugins' folder (just one plug-in!), start MM, start playback and double click right part of the status bar. Note that this feature isn't completely done yet, it's really for testing only.

Jiri
Lowlander

Visualizations

Post by Lowlander »

Sorry, I wasn't able to achieve this. I first added my favorite vis tripex3 used by winamp. This gave me an error message (Window couldn't be opened).

Than I deleted all the plugins and just added tripex3 and that of course didn't work as all the sound plugins were gone, stupid of me.

Than I added all the what I think are sound plugins back and now nothing happens.

I think in the first case I had another vis plugin located in the plugins folder.

Please can you give me more detailed advice on how it works. And I'm glad to hear that you are planning to add better support for it.

Thanks
Lowlander

Figured it out

Post by Lowlander »

Sorry, I have figured it out. Got something working. Seems to have some problems with colors, but that's fine.

Working with the plugins is a little tough. Install in Winamp and copy to MM, especially figuring out the correct files to copy.

I had apparently copied to much, which caused the problems. Got rid of it and it works.

Hope to see a user friendly version of visualizations soon.

One request would be to have the vis start in a normal window and from there maximize. I'm asking this as I use a dual monitor setup, where in one I use MM and the other the vis (currently from WinAmp). This works fine as long I can maximize the window to full mode on the desktop of the second monitor.

Hope you consider this.
rusty

Visualizations-try Geiss

Post by rusty »

fyi, check out: http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=413

I've used both Geiss plug-ins and they seem to work well (though I haven't tested in your configuration).
Lowlander

Visualizations

Post by Lowlander »

Unfortunately not all vis. work. Under which tripex3 www.tripex.co.uk. Otherwise it works allright for now. Got one working fully as in winamp with normal and fullscreen options, and can still configure it. It even displays song information in the vis. (when an option). I guess winamp needs to be installed to be able to use the visualizations.

Sorry for all the bothers, I'm finally starting to figure this out. And yes it is still buggy with many vis., the vis. hangs or even the player crashes. But with some vis. I have that problem in WinAmp too. I will check out the vis. you suggested.

But I'm happy for now, and look forward to a better implementation off this feature, with management from inside the program.
jdroo

Display Song Title During Visualization

Post by jdroo »

I use a standard installation of MediaMonkey Gold 2.4.2.874.
The song title does not appear during the MilkDrop Visualization. Then to verify where the trouble comes from, I have installed Climax and Tripex and they have also the same trouble. Only the Geiss Visualization plug-in works fine.
Please, could you plan to correct this problem ?
jiri

Post by jiri »

It's fixed in MM 2.5 beta.

Jiri
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is it fixed for the tripex vis as well??
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
jiri

Post by jiri »

I don't know. One approach of getting titles was fixed, but WA plug-ins use sooo many ways...

Jiri
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

ah ok, we'll hope that tripex uses a method that MM can handle.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i can not use the big viusals that you guys use my computer is too old and slow to use them.

is there any way you can add support for the old visuals of winamp that can be made with the winamp visual editor that comes with winamp?

i can use them old visuals but not the big new ones.

thanks.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Have you tried G-Force? http://www.soundspectrum.com
The visuals seem to be very complex but the run on my five year old pc in fullscreen mode without any problems!

Big_Berny
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh i can run the newer visuals but in a window the size of a matchbook.

which might aswell not even be on the screen when that small as the new ones are for full screen looks.
:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.