Playing DSD files on MM4

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: Playing DSD files on MM4

Post by MMFrLife »

Wow, that's an impressive list. Thanks for posting as it will help others who are looking for DSD
support. Although, by "sketchy" and "catching on" I was referring to the "mass market" vs the "audiophile"
market, not so much quantity of program/service support. There are many programs/components/streaming services supporting it, but are enough people using DSD?

So, the question becomes, do the MM devs jump on the audiophile additions to the program as quickly as they
do the mainstream needs? This will determine how long it takes, if at all.
Ultimately, I don't see it natively. Maybe as part of a codec package or plug-in :) .
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Bananahead

Re: Playing DSD files on MM4

Post by Bananahead »

I suppose it depends on whether MM is market leading or following. And whether MM wants to be seen as fully featured.

As a starting point I would be happy for MM to recognise the format so that files appear in the catalogue and can be added to playlists.